General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One for All the "Hi-Vis" Vest Bashers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a shop here that sells those and I seen a few guys around wearing them.
I like it and might just have to pick one up.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:48 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaronB
Nice shirt!!

It's actually DOD policy to not have the reflective requirements during the day, but at night. Contrasting clothing during the day and reflective at night. If your base is still implementing the vest I would talk to them and have their base instruction updated unless you guys like wearing them. I don't....lol!!

I wish the Navy would do away with decals like the Air Force did.
Not true.

The Marine Corps has removed all requirements for color or reflective material (day or night).

S/F
Freefall

Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEFALL
Not true.

The Marine Corps has removed all requirements for color or reflective material (day or night).

S/F
Freefall
Sweet!! I've been wondering because I was let on base a couple times in the last couple weeks with my black jacket on. I've been recruiting and forgot about base rules, but no one hassled me about it and they let me on. I'll have to read up on some instructions now. Now if they can only stick to one decesion...lol! Last time I was stationed at this base they were ridiculous. Depends on who's in command for the next few years and I'm sure it will change again and again. I had a retired guy who works as a civ now bitch about it. That was a 30 min conversation of me telling him cagers will be cagers and aren't going to see you no matter how bright or lit up you are. He was trying to give me the loud pipes save lifes speech as well as a bike lit up like a christmas tree and wearing an *** ton of reflective bright colored gear.

Kind of reminded me of that guy on the forum that wears a hi-vis vest and knee pads...lol!! To each their own, but not for me.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:57 AM
GOLGO-13
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear one just in case they say something. Not sure if it's still a requirement or not. Guess I should observe other riders. I like having my identification handy though.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
It had a pocket for a 9 volt battery and the reflective strips had a series of led lights sewn in.
A reflective vest flashing down the roadway would get the BMW prize of the year for safety.