General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A "Harley" feeling...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
BearNVa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A "Harley" feeling...

So I'm a new Harley owner as of 2 weeks ago and I've notice that my attitude is changing when I ride... has anyone else felt that or experienced that when they get on a Harley? I came from crotch rockets and I can tell you that there is no other feeling like a Harley. The feeling I get when I get on my new bike is a feeling of relaxation, freedom along with a general D.G.A.F. attitude... all in all it's a great feeling!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:32 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

That is the reason most of us like our bikes. What did you have for a bike before? Honestly every bike gives me that type of feel, except my sport bike that gives me a much more aggressive racer vibe.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:37 AM
BearNVa
Road Captain

Back in the early 90's I had a '87 Honda VF700 then I got a '09 Honda CBR600RR last year along with a '05 Honda VFR800 Interceptor and I just bought my '11 HD FB LO 2 weeks ago. I traded the CBR in on it and still have the VFR. I can tell you now that the VFR might be going away too... the only thing I can do on that that I can't do on the Harley is lean really low. Oh and ride wheelies ;o)

Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

My Hayabusa gives me the feeling that why the hell did I buy this thing??? Naw, I shouldn't say that, I've put 8K on the clocks but man after riding my Harleys, I feel like a folded-up coat hanger on the Busa. A very, very fast folded-up coat hanger...

Old 05-06-2011, 10:14 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

This months Motorcyclist magazine road report on the new Vic High Ball by Joe Gresh. it's a crack up.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...all/index.html

Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

I remember when I got my first Harley, in the Spring of '77. My whole personality changed. I became more devil may care,righteous, started dressing & acting the part. Of course that was almost 35 years ago, and I was 24 years old & still wet behind the ears, or what some might call a poseur. But we all had to experience growing up at some point. Today, I neither dress nor act like a biker. I'm just me. A grouchy,opinionated,pissed off me, but still me nevertheless. No posing here. It feels good.

Last edited by dickey; 05-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by BearNVa
So I'm a new Harley owner as of 2 weeks ago and I've notice that my attitude is changing when I ride...

How's that 3 patch vest working out for you? That was a hell of a thread you started there.

Yeah, you're right though. Also a feeling when you pull up to a light or whatever, everyone would like to be you, and the guys that wouldn't are pussies. Wow! That's rough for a Friday

Old 05-06-2011, 10:33 AM
BearNVa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Markymannn
How's that 3 patch vest working out for you? That was a hell of a thread you started there.
Not sure I understand where you are coming from.... I wasn't trying to start anything bad with the other thread I was just curious. As far as a vest don't have one, not gonna buy one. I'm just me and really not wanting to be part of a club. I just want to ride with others who like to ride and who are open minded, nice and have a more or less live and let live attitude.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:39 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

no motorcycle can ever change my attitude. I think I was born with it

Old 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
reddog8145
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BearNVa
Not sure I understand where you are coming from.... I wasn't trying to start anything bad with the other thread I was just curious. As far as a vest don't have one, not gonna buy one. I'm just me and really not wanting to be part of a club. I just want to ride with others who like to ride and who are open minded, nice and have
a more or less live and let live
attitude.
It's ok , he's pulling your leg. No offence intended. Don't take things seriously. It's like that here

Quick Reply: A "Harley" feeling...