General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone else think "Hugh" is a.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:42 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone else think "Hugh" is a.........

I found it interesting that he had three separate build-offs end in Sturgis this year. One in Rapid, one at the Broken Spoke, and one at Thunder Road.

Does he work autonomous from Thom Beers?

The one taking all the money to the bank is Thom Beers.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: waterman7474

and, thankfully, i really haven't had anything serious to bitch about in a while. to i thought i'd take a swipe at something.

This is what I was getting at. You see so much negativity and bashing on these larger forums. I guess every other topic is covered so extensively, that people feel the need to start these negative posts for something new. I've never seen the purpose in tearing down other people for what they wear, look like, or do...so long as it doesn't affect me personally.

We've all got reasons for doing the things we do and being the person we are. We are the sum of our life experiences...and I don't see the point in tearing down everyone else all the time. Are you the type of person who sees a woman at the grocery looking unkempt and frumpy in some sweats and criticizes them (internally) for going out in public looking like that? What if, she's a single mother sick as a dog, but having to go out to put some food on the table for those kids??...Cuz that could certainly be the case. But people for some reason lots of people like to tear down anything different. Try to be a little more open minded...The geeks of this world have made it possible for all of us to get together online in communities like this.

As far as his bio, how in the world would you know what makes this guy tick and what he's passionate about outside of his chosen line of work? You don't, so why rip on his bio and tell everyone he's a fake?

Old 10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
SaltyBagger
Tourer

Bill Gates is a funny, geeky, looking guy as well. But I'd be very happy to do what he does and take home his money.

The show at the end of last year when they gave Hugh the bike that all the winners built probably wouldn't have happened if all the builders thought he was just in it for the money or wasn't passionate about the show.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:52 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

You know I can agree with that and all the nice "Don't judge a book by it's cover" mantra over the last 100 posts. But regardless he is a dorky excuse for a "King" of anything. He may do tons for cancer, bikers, space travel or be a trillionaire, but when he trys to be a "Chopper King" when I'm trying to be entertained by biker TV he's coming up real short...

lp

ORIGINAL: SaltyBagger

Bill Gates is a funny, geeky, looking guy as well. But I'd be very happy to do what he does and take home his money.

The show at the end of last year when they gave Hugh the bike that all the winners built probably wouldn't have happened if all the builders thought he was just in it for the money or wasn't passionate about the show.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:59 AM
waterman7474
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DMSC

I've been a gear head my entire life. I worked in the auto parts and service industries for a decade plus before I switched to easier money in the IT field. IF I was the co-producer of BBO, my bio would read some what like King's. After all, I'll bet he didn't write it himself. Isn't all "PR" just fluff?

i think you kinda furthered my point. you are absolutely right, if you were known now for the thing that you were an expert in (auto parts and service), i doubt your resume to the people (or bio as it were in this case) probably wouldn't include your IT experiences to tout the aforementioned. by that same stroke, if you only had a short amount of experience in IT and you were trying to up your public perception about your expertise, i don't think you would put in there that your love affair with the Commodore 64 in the 80's led you .................wait a min............that kinda helps your argument.

OK, maybe i'm off-sides on this one. but like i said earlier
trust me, the difference between myself and most poeple that pick on people is that i will be the first one to make fun of myself and admit that the reason for this is mostly self reflection/displacement. i'm ok with that.

Are you the type of person who sees a woman at the grocery looking unkempt and frumpy in some sweats and criticizes them (internally) for going out in public looking like that?
and no.........hell no. actually, i cant STAND girls that need 30 min to get ready just to got to the store. flat out, that's a deal breaker!!

But people for some reason lots of people like to tear down anything different.
and actually, i vihemently (sp???) defended a guy in another area that was getting beat up for NOT looking like everyone elses bike.

The geeks of this world have made it possible for all of us to get together online in communities like this.
one of my best friends IS a internet geek, and he made a ton of money at it (bastard retired at 33!!) but he doesn't try to pretend that he's something that he's not either!!!

and like i said, i'll be the first to admit that i was a geek in HS......pretty major at that. and i am quite sure i'd get rolled like a bill gates at a strip club if i ever inadvertantly had a bad run in w/ a real-real 1%'er. but i'm ok w/ that and i can laugh about that too. cause honestly, it's kinda funny.

and yeah, it does get kinda stagnant, going over the same thing over and over again. just mixin' it up a little. i can take my lumps for that. no sweat, i'm a big boy. but don't kid yourself and think i didn't consider that before i posted this whole thing to begin with!!

and i don't exactly have a habit of doing this...........quite the contrary actually (....i made ammends with KiethB)

and if NO one responded with the same sentiment, i would have gladly said................"ok, i guess it's just me, thanks for the input". but like i said in the only other 2 less than......nice.....topics: it is apparent that i'm not the only one that thinks so.

lets be honest, except for the technical stuff, how to fix something, where to find info or what to or not to buy, most forum boards on the web in general are like NASCAR, once the novelty wears off, your really just in it for the wrecks!!

there's my bannana peel.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Barebackjack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's TV not real life. They can make anybody look like a geek or a hero.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So what if he's a wanna be, I see them everytime I go to the dealer or many other places, he didnt have a bike till the "famous builders show" and they gave him the one they built, so what? He's making a show I enjoy watching and he's trying to somewhat fit in with the many types of bikers he encounters in the making of the show you can't blame him for trying to "fit in" we all do it. Im glad he's out there otherwise we would be stuck watching lame *** bike/bar shows like speed channels Rick Fearless folly! Or the dumbass's at OCC, or Jesse james. At least biker build off has something interesting to watch even if we have to put up with a few seconds of old hugh in them. LOL

Old 10-26-2006, 07:55 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, I don't know why some of you have issues with the way the guy looks or acts.
"Dorky" What are we, back in high school? I don't know the man, probibly never will, but how he acts, dresses, and looks is his business. He's the producer, it's his show. I think some people have deeper issues.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:40 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

Well if he 'really' is a biker, he wouldn't give a fukk what you think he looks like....and neither should you. Its the poseurs who even consider if their 'look' is right to fit an image...get a life.
You know, I think you hit the proverbial ol' Nail-On-the-Head. Thank you for sayin' that!!!!

DougJ

Old 10-27-2006, 12:18 AM
waterman7474
Road Master

oh.......i got issues alright.

look, i was really just stirring the pot a little that's all and i didn't feel like bringing back up the "are you a poser" and "are you a biker" threads.

i really don't care what the guy does. at the end of the day, his life has absolutely ZERO bearing on mine.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else think "Hugh" is a.........