General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
grims
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Fake Clothing!

That site is the most fake ive ever seen in my life. (Also notice the other brands that they knock off!) They get away with copying real harley davidson clothing because it is not against the law there!! Get real people, if its cheaper on that site than it is on black friday, its a hoax. Just remember if you wanna go that route to save a buck.... You get what you pay for!!

Grim

Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by grims
That site is the most fake ive ever seen in my life. (Also notice the other brands that they knock off!) They get away with copying real harley davidson clothing because it is not against the law there!! Get real people, if its cheaper on that site than it is on black friday, its a hoax. Just remember if you wanna go that route to save a buck.... You get what you pay for!!

Grim

Bought a jacket from them last year, when it came in I took it to the local dealer and opened it in front of them...every detail, even the packaging is the same as what they get from China via Moco...right down to the manufacture. And MoCo is aware of them selling the product, and since they MAKE IT FOR MOCO, they don't have a problem with it. Want to know what the dealer cost was on the jacket I bought? $25 more than I paid for it.

Seems this is an outlet store FOR the manufacture...notice you don't see every product or every size that MoCo or the OTHER brands that manufacture offer?

Because DavidJackets only sells the FIRST QUALITY OVERRUNS of the products they make for these companies.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Grim
First post? He must own a Harley Dealership.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Wakko47
First post? He must own a Harley Dealership.
That's what I'm thinking. It's like the guy never even took the time to read any of the posts in this thread before his ignorant comment.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a fairly high tolerant for risk and based on all the threads I've seen on this website it appears pretty legit. If you notice on their website they don't claim any of the other product is genuine, just the HD stuff.

It's totally plausible that their stuff is produced from the HD factories in China. For those who think that these are knock offs - who has ever heard of one Chinese company knocking off another another? I mean, what corners can they really cut to reduce their price so significantly?!?

If you do the math it all adds up. Assuming that HD pays $100 per jacket, they then sell to their dealers at $200 who then flips it for $400 to the consumer. How does it seem too good to be true to skip the two middlemen and buy direct for $200 per jacket?

Makes sense to me.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by rdb1976
I threw all caution to the wind and sent a bank wire to them on November 9th, $179 for the jacket, $69 for shipping, and $35 bank fee = $283 for a jacket Harley charges $495 for.
Save 25 bucks and send it MoneyGram. I've ordered from there about 5 or 6 times now without a hitch.
No one I've shown/given these jackets too think they're fake. Gotta watch the part numbers though. Any HD part number is legit, but the non-HD numbers (example HDS12) are not HD apparel.

That site is the most fake ive ever seen in my life. (Also notice the other brands that they knock off!)
Uhhhh, Welcome to the forum?!?
The site is fake? WTF does that even mean??? While I agree they sell a bunch of knock-off ****, most of their HD **** is the real deal.
Don't believe me? I don't give a ****. You just keep on paying more than I do then...

Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM
SailorDoc
3rd Gear

Over the past 2 years, I have purchased 3 HD jackets from this website. My PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with these people has been outstanding. I must say that I am not a fan of purchasing products from China. But one cannot even go into Walmart without carrying out a boat load of crap made there. Such are the times we live in, I don't like it but there it is. I too have made the in house comparison by taking my Davidjacket in to a HD shop and comparing side by side. I could not see a difference. Even the so called real HD jackets purchased in their shops are MADE IN CHINA, look at the freakin labels. If I decide to purchase another HD jacket and it means saving $200 or $300 bucks, guess where I am going. I think some people believe if they buy from this website that they are a traitor to HD or to their country. All I can say is get a life.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have bought many items from cloths to electronics... i'd stick to the cloths and stay away from the rest. Never any issues with payment, i did have one issue, they send stuff sometimes that is not what you requested due to out of stock. QA is not at the best, but really minor issues.. Compensation is difficult to get from them, but if you scream hard .. it can be done.. is it worth it at end.. well,,, i can save i saved thousand of $$$ of i bought them at local stores. will i continue to buy from them.. hmmm.. .doubt it... should get my last HD leather jacket this week...
cheers

Old 11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Mazz303
Novice

I bought my wife and my jacket from aliexpress.com Took them to the store and there is absolutely no difference. She got the Harley Pink Enthusiast, and I got the Reflective Road Warrior. I paid $300 for both and couldn't be happier!!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

It's a Chinese website selling knock-off merchandise. Purchase at your own risk.

A friend purchased a couple of "Authentic NFL jerseys" from a similar site. He got his order, but he also got a letter from **** about the legal ramifications of purchasing counterfeit merchandise.

I'm not saying whether anyone should buy or not, just be aware there are risks involved.

Edit: Apparently, the name of a well-known athletic shoe company didn't make it past the censors.

Last edited by slhanks4; 11-27-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???