General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wakko47
And there's the rub...folks that aren't comfortable dealing with David Jackets shouldn't. The dealership sells the jackets and you can pay with your Amex....albeit for double the price or more.

now I have been lucky on getting a few pence off on some jackets at the dealerships down here in South FL

my Local Dealership did me a favor on a high vis jacket that I wanted and took either 10 or 15% off, nothing that was OMG fantastic, but I was buying it anyways and asked for a discount and got one!

Peterson's HD in both Miami locations has great clearance sections and I have scored BIG there

I have two leather jackets from HD and both were 75% off retail price

the one I just got was $445 regular price and I got for $112 plus tax

so there are some deals out there, but you have to be looking for them

Old 05-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow, no kidding. I missed the Sunrise Harley sale a couple months ago. Saw a Dyna exhaust for cheap, but didn't have a Dyna at the time and passed. Went back a week later and of course it was gone. I went to Peterson's parking lot sale two weeks ago, but it was weak...only a few vendors and nothing notable. Good ride though. I'm in Delray, near you.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
Nobody was attacking your precious Chinese sh-- products, ok? No need to put in big red letters about the fricking criteria about motorcycles and accessories. WE-GET-IT-ALREADY!!!
???????
One of us didn't understand PFWiz post.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
Nobody was attacking your precious Chinese sh-- products, ok? No need to put in big red letters about the fricking criteria about motorcycles and accessories. WE-GET-IT-ALREADY!!!
???????
One of us didn't understand PFWiz post.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 AM
danrad55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if any of these Chinese sites are selling any of the FXRG Products? They really seem to be top notch, but still a little too pricey for me at even a 20% sometime dealer discount. I a new model at a dealer event and it looked really nice.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danrad55
Does anyone know if any of these Chinese sites are selling any of the FXRG Products? They really seem to be top notch, but still a little too pricey for me at even a 20% sometime dealer discount. I a new model at a dealer event and it looked really nice.
go to the website and check for yourself, they have a bunch of jackets and HD clothing there.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 AM
danrad55
Cruiser
Default Other Chinese sites?

Originally Posted by lgenf
go to the website and check for yourself, they have a bunch of jackets and HD clothing there.

I visited davidjacket before I posted, hence the question of "these chinese sites", not this site. Thanks for the help

Old 09-18-2012, 02:14 PM
SailorDoc
3rd Gear

I have purchased 2 HD leather jackets from davidjacket. I too was very skeptical sending money to China. I sent money via my bank. The quality of the jacket was exactly the same as HD store. The next time you go to a HD dealer check their jackets and see where they are made. You guessed it, China.The same jacket at HD store was 3 times the price!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Moon-dog
Cruiser

You DAMN right. Well said!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by PFWiz
I agree 100%.

This subject really pisses me off...

Those of you who are saying that Harley gets the jackets from China let me ask you a question. Did Davidjacket build up the brand? Did they design the jacket? Did they set and maintain the quality control standards that that we, Americans require?

If you buy this jacket because you always admired davidjackets and thought the eagles / wings / logos that davidjackets designed were cool and stood for something you agreed with then by all means buy the jacket. If not, you are doing it in full knowledge that they, a Chinese company are ripping off HD, an American company and you are helping them.

Ask yourselves this question...

If the single most important criteria for motorcycles and accessories for you is price then why do you ride a Harley?

Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM
rdb1976
Road Master

Thought I'd throw my story in here. I, too, was skeptical, but my doubts assuaged slightly after reading more and more reports here of good dealings with the davidjacket.com website. I threw all caution to the wind and sent a bank wire to them on November 9th, $179 for the jacket, $69 for shipping, and $35 bank fee = $283 for a jacket Harley charges $495 for. They received the money on Monday, November 12th, and shipped the jacket the following Thursday. My DHL shipment arrived Monday, November 19th and I am ecstatic over the quality. I cannot differentiate this from the jacket at the dealer and neither could the sales guys at the dealer. They are planning to order from them as well. Shipping details can be seen here.

It is up to each and every one of us to decide how comfortable we are with this. Ordering from China manufacturers does deprive the MoCo of the markup they add, but there are those that say that the MoCo shouldn't be entitled to that markup just because their name is on a jacket. Also, sending Western Union or bank wire are not secured methods of transferring money, so you are assed-out if something goes wrong. I myself am planning to order more products from this website, but will do so in smaller orders to limit my risk in getting ripped off. While my transaction and the transactions of others have gone well, there is no guarantee that dealing with this company will continue to be flawless.

Last edited by rdb1976; 11-26-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???