Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:32 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Either offer PayPal or go f__k yourself.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
Either offer PayPal or go f__k yourself.

yeah I see you've learned alot reading the previous threads before you posted that literary masterpiece

Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by lgenf
yeah I see you've learned alot reading the previous threads before you posted that literary masterpiece
It isn't me who doesn't offer the consumer piece of mind.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM
nightmistautomotive
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
It isn't me who doesn't offer the consumer piece of mind.
The country the business is based out of does not allow paypal to be used for transactions. It was mentioned by someone (sorry forget who) a few pages back. That is hardly the fault of the sites owner.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by nightmistautomotive
The country the business is based out of does not allow paypal to be used for transactions. It was mentioned by someone (sorry forget who) a few pages back. That is hardly the fault of the sites owner.
I don't care. Unless someone who is defending this company will personally and legally guarantee my purchase with escrowed money, I will never do business with this company. There are plenty of other companies can do business with. Plus I can do business with a reputable company where my funds are somewhat protected.

I wish no ill will towards them but any business that offers zero protection can pound sand as far as I'm concerned.

Just to let you know, the company does have options to offer better protection for their clientele. This company isn't unique in that regard and I have dealt with companies in very similar circumstances that were able to offer US customers PayPal protection. All they need is a US business address. With some research, anyone with some time on their hands will see it's a viable and not very costly solution.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 PM
nightmistautomotive
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

So your objection is they don't run their business how you think they should so you won't shop there. Which is perfectly fine and acceptable it's your right as a consumer.

But are you suggesting others shouldn't? Especially given the testimonials of the forum members here who've had no problems? Or am I misinterpreting your posts?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:07 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by nightmistautomotive
So your objection is they don't run their business how you think they should so you won't shop there. Which is perfectly fine and acceptable it's your right as a consumer.

But are you suggesting others shouldn't? Especially given the testimonials of the forum members here who've had no problems? Or am I misinterpreting your posts?
Please reread my post just above yours. I never called to anyone else to not do business with them. As I matter of fact, I did say I don't wish them any ill will.

That said, a few testimonials is little comfort to me if a company offers me ZERO protection or recourse.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't believe I've posted in this thread, but I've sent $$$ via Western Union & Money Gram to DavidJacket with no issues. Is my coin protected? Not at all. Would I do it again? In a NY minute. Got wifey & I each a leather jacket for the bottom line cost of less than one HD boutique jacket. Then sold mine for more than I paid for it.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 AM
EnglishAdam
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lgenf

there was even one thread with a guy (maybe the first one to try Sun out) that went into the dealer to try on the correct size and then placed his order, the jacket was great and fit perfect (just like the dealership version) and came with all the same tags and HD merchandise labels that the same jacket comes with IF you walked into a dealer today and bought it.
That was Traveller I think and after that, I was in Shenzhen where the jackets are made so got one there from the factory.
The whole thread on that is here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...enanigans.html

I'm very happy with my jacket. As far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as the Moco jacket.

Last edited by EnglishAdam; 05-22-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

And there's the rub...folks that aren't comfortable dealing with David Jackets shouldn't. The dealership sells the jackets and you can pay with your Amex....albeit for double the price or more.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???