Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good day.. i decided to take the DavidJacket trial. ordered few Oka...glasses, Monster headphones for kids, purse for wife...
headphones work great and wrapped like new.
Glasses look ok but slight belmish on one, other missing a logo on one side
Purse - looks real, feels good and wife cant tell if real or fake nor can anyone else...
wrote Sun about glasses - will replace free on my next order - asked for replacement but have to order again to have free replacement.
so in result - worth the money - yes... i'm thinking of triggering a jacket now, but i think all their products have some blemish and refused for quality for Retail sale.. but material seems real stuff i think... hey -- still about 40-70% cheaper than getting it local...( depending of product)
shipping was quick, about 2 weeks..service is honest, emails replied to next or same day sent... i think DavidJacket can be trusted.. BUT - examine ure stuff carefully.. slight blemish's im ok with considering savings depending where blemish is... Anyone had any replacement issues ?

Last edited by papifun; 05-13-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not going to knock david jacket as i havent ordered from them as of yet but from everything i have read the jackets they have are the same ones in the dealership just not with the dealer mark up of like 10billion %. but for now my jacket still works good, going on 20+ years old and the leather is about 1/4" thick it started life black but its more of a greyish tone now probebly got another 10 years or so left in it before i start looking for a new one. oh and btw for those wondering its made in Canada, not USA or Pakistan or China

Old 05-19-2012, 03:39 AM
vedeumbre
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good deal

i got my order in time and no quality probl. maybe you got badluck. i'm waiting for my 2nd order to arrive. jacket bought at 165usd is 555eur in europe. more than triple price for the same thing. don't you believe the dealer one is made in usa. this is like believing in santa claus. just proffit. trustly chinese company.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:03 AM
djohn
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Last winter my wife and I both ordered a couple of leather jackets from Sun (davidjacket.com) and we were both quite satisfied with the transaction. They are the same coats that you will see at your local Harley-Davidson dealership. Not seconds, not counterfeits...the real deal at about half price.

But you have to use your head. Real harley/davidson coats are MADE in CHINA...so the odds of getting a real harley/davidson coat is high. But if you order a swiss made watch or a pair of Ugg boots (australia?) then your odds of getting a counterfeit are close to a hundred percent.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,307 Likes on 2,512 Posts

Originally Posted by djohn
But you have to use your head. Real harley/davidson coats are MADE in CHINA...so the odds of getting a real harley/davidson coat is high. But if you order a swiss made watch or a pair of Ugg boots (australia?) then your odds of getting a counterfeit are close to a hundred percent.
actually, as an fyi, ugg boots are a 'style' of boot from australia. the name 'ugg' is in copyright contention because of that. however, the uggs that you see in dept stores (branded ugg-australia) are actually owned by a parent company, decker holding company, from california, and are indeed manufactured in china.

just an fyi

Old 05-21-2012, 05:34 AM
djohn
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
actually, as an fyi, ugg boots are a 'style' of boot from australia. the name 'ugg' is in copyright contention because of that. however, the uggs that you see in dept stores (branded ugg-australia) are actually owned by a parent company, decker holding company, from california, and are indeed manufactured in china.

just an fyi
Wellillbedam...I wish they would just start making everything in china, it would save us all some confusion.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Banggood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 8blkfxdb
I ran across this website called davidjacket.com while looking for some new shirts. The prices are outrageously cheap. Like $18 for a $40-49 shirt (eBay prices). The only way to pay is thorugh Western Union or Swift Wire Transfer. They even have a page on here! Has anyone heard of or have any experience with these guys? Their email address looks like BS to me too. Its a yahoo email. Anyone know?
Well , I looked the site up ; First ,****-ranking on Alexa ,suggesting a bad business running statue and no secured reputation . Second , the address of the company suggests it located in Guangzhou , China ,and I looked the address up , it's neither a business building nor a office plaza ,probably a common residential building ,which means the site is probably an one-man-run site and without any substantial credit or insurance . Third , the site doesn't apply paypal as check-out settlement ,which means a lot of risk .

And judging from the products on the site , I can assure you the quality of the items on it is very poor .So , if I were you , I will take caution and stay away from it .

Old 05-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Banggood

And judging from the products on the site , I can assure you the quality of the items on it is very poor
.So , if I were you , I will take caution and stay away from it .
Can you please elaborate on this?

Seems like everyone so far that has ordered from them has been thrilled with their purchase after receipt and has specifically commented on good quality. What do you see on the website that says otherwise?

Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Banggood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by djohn
Last winter my wife and I both ordered a couple of leather jackets from Sun (davidjacket.com) and we were both quite satisfied with the transaction. They are the same coats that you will see at your local Harley-Davidson dealership. Not seconds, not counterfeits...the real deal at about half price.

Well , almost every thing are MADE IN CHINA these days , that's last week news . The problem here is whether it's made out of an OEM factory or just some lousy random home-workshop ,the latter ones are notorious of their poor quality and sometime they even use cancerogenic material in manufacturing .

So , if you shop on China site , please make sure you shop on credited site such as Banggood.com for your own good .

Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Banggood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wakko47
Can you please elaborate on this?

Seems like everyone so far that has ordered from them has been thrilled with their purchase after receipt and has specifically commented on good quality. What do you see on the website that says otherwise?
Well , I have been in the China e-commerce business for a long time and I can tell which step the company's in by the building of it's site .

In my opinion , a good and satisfied purchase including 3 factors :
1. Where the stuff they're selling come from ? ( The quality of the item depends on that as I said in above reply thread abt the difference of OEM and small workshop )
2. What payment way they're using and how's the site building ? (This shows whether or not they have a strong team thus whether or not can they take care my after-sales service ,and is my money secured or not .)
3. The delivery and do they have US or UK or AU warehouse to take care of the delivery in above market .

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???