Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dansax
Another non-union union basher. Kiss my Union ***.
better work them short calls to keep your place on book 1, brother.

The day is coming when your own work will be the determinant in whether you keep your job or not.

7 years IBEW...I know the deal.

The union protects the workers that can't hold a job on their own....they need the union to keep them employed. Alot of cities now are growing like crazy, yet the union books are filled. The deadbeats, tramps and travelers are scared shitless....they couldn't hold a job on their own work if they had to, they need their "brothers" to pull up the slack.

Go ahead, be stubborn, the confederates were that way too, and eventually they died off.

I got the fk out of that mess.....the smart workin man will too.

The union cares about you...as long as you keep paying those dues.

Arguing with you guys is like arguing with dinosaurs....your death is all but certain. Good luck. Keep dreaming about sock hops, girls in skirts with poodles on them and cars with steel dashboards...they ain't never comin' back.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 01-23-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I've been in the Operating Engineers Union for over 26 years. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I make triple what non union people make in my field with a pension plan, annuity , medical, vacation pay, a medical reimbursement fund etc. Here in NY guys are killing to be Union. The IBEW has full employment here. Maybe you should have stayed. Remember the death of the Unions and their fair salaries would be the death to this country. People can't live on $45,000 a year in most parts of the country. You sound bitte,r non union electricians are making $20 an hour here compared to $45 for their union counterparts.

Last edited by dansax; 01-25-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:49 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

When I took an Honorary Withdrawl in 2001, New York was turning away electricians from other states....even when they had work......they wanted to keep it all for their own guys....even when they couldn't man the work!

The guys in Colorado Springs can't even get out on a call.....yet the Rat shops are manned up.

My problem is NOT with the men....it's with the Union LEADERSHIP.

I loved the life.....but I can't live check to check, and waiting for work to pick up.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 01-25-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 AM
wgarcia00
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default David Jacket....

I was looking for a specific jacket, item 98140-10VM.... I went to my local shop and it sells for $450... a bit much for me.
The price on davidjacket is $169....I was very leary of the fact that you can only either wire the money or pay with moneygram...a sign of a scam I thought. I read through here and saw a lot of opinions so I was trying to filter my decision based on actual experiences, either good or bad.
I decided to pull the trigger and placed an order with them on March 13th.
Once you order, they will email you back with the total due once shipping is added. My grand total was $238 to get my jacket from China. This is still $200 cheaper than the local shop, mind you.
Here is my timeline:
March 13th, Placed order on their site.
March 14th, got email with total amount due.
March 15th, paid with Moneygram and emailed them back with conf #.
I got email confirmation from Davidjacket on Sunday saying jacket was shipped.
Tracked the package not to be found...but....turns out they gave me wrong tracking number which they sent me back a corrected one. And to this point, they were really quick in replying to me.
March 22nd, jacket was at my door....I have now looked it over, worn it, and I love it. If it's an overrun/mistake/snafoo, I can't tell what's wrong with it. I have had now 8 people look at it and tell me if they can see anything wrong with it......nothing.
Overall, very happy with the experience. Just figured I would share my experience.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:16 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

For those that have ordered/received jackets - did you use DHL or EMS?

Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Teamsters could not manage the drivers pensions for UPS. Out of every 1.00 invested by the teamsters, only .92 was going to the pensions due to other companies going out of business who were teamsters. UPS took it over, and all of the 1.00 goes to the drivers pension.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by p51bombay
For those that have ordered/received jackets - did you use DHL or EMS?
they coma out of China through EMS and switch to USPS once it clears customs on the west coast.

EMS is good ****.....their tracking system is excellent.

~Joe

Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM
oricko
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any Canadians shop here?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oricko
Any Canadians shop here?
YP... few leather jackets.. stuff for kids too..

Old 11-29-2013, 09:45 AM
skibbe
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skibbe

hello! I have shopped from david jack. bought both t-shirts and a new harley jacket and other shirts that were good quality. harley jacket I've had for three years and have not had any problems. It is like shopping at a Harley Davidson shop. but less expensive. No problems whit the payment.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???