General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
So...again....where do I get an American made harley jacket?

~Joe

Fox Creek

Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Anthony Nalli
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a chance and ordered a couple of jackets from davidjacket. I also had one from my local dealership to compare. I received them today and am very pleasantly surprised. Shipping took a week and the jackets are flawless. I don't think they're seconds at all. More likely manufacturer overruns (whether or not HD authorized).

Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 AM
mack63
Intermediate

I just ordered and paid for one today. If it is the real deal I'll probably order my wife one too, maybe another for me I will say they have been professional and very prompt answering my emails. I'll update when I get it. After reading the entire thread I've seen guys make good points about supporting Harley with the purchase of these jackets. I've spent $1,000 at two of my local dealers on motorclothes and OEM parts since December ill be spending another few hundred before Daytona but I just can't drop $500 on a jacket and worry about someone walking off with it when I put it down.

UPDATE: Received my jacket eight days after I wired the money. It looks perfect and fits great. If its a fake they did a great job. I plan on ordering the wife one now.

Last edited by mack63; 01-28-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't sweat it....the union sour ****** on here are just bitchin' because times have changed and their life of luxury is coming to a sudden halt. They preach "buy american only " from their foreign made computer.

We have a global economy....it ain't going back....sticking your head in the sand and telling youself "he's wrong" may make you feel better, but you're simply out of touch.

Enjoy your jacket.

~Joe

Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM
SCJoe
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a canvas jacket from davidjacket back before Christmas, and finally got it this morning. It's 100% real, but it is also definitely a "second" or "irregular". I have the missing Y in quality (ironic huh?) in the embroidered logo on the back just like someone else posted earlier in this thread, so I knew it was a crap shoot. I wanted to order something cheap before plunking down $200 for one of the leather jackets via Western Union to some guy in China. I've already found someone who can embroider the missing Y for me, so I'm happy with my purchase. Will I go ahead and buy a leather jacket from them in the future? Probably not, but only because I don't really need a collection of Harley jackets...I'd much rather spend the money on the bike.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM
JohnSWA
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I just got my order from "Davidjacket.com and I can't say that I couldn't be more pleased! Two leather jackets, one for me and one for the Mrs. One 3-in-one nylon jacket for me(awesome), and three button down shirts, two for me, one for the Mrs.. $599 shipped! That's less than the price of two leather jackets!
I might have the leather jacket tailored since it wears a little on the large size. I'm 5'11 170 lbs but it still looks and feels great! The Nylon 3-in-1 Jacket fits perfectly! I won't hesitate to buy from these folks again!

Last edited by JohnSWA; 01-22-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
JohnSWA
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SCJoe
I ordered a canvas jacket from davidjacket back before Christmas, and finally got it this morning. It's 100% real, but it is also definitely a "second" or "irregular". I have the missing Y in quality (ironic huh?) in the embroidered logo on the back just like someone else posted earlier in this thread, so I knew it was a crap shoot. I wanted to order something cheap before plunking down $200 for one of the leather jackets via Western Union to some guy in China. I've already found someone who can embroider the missing Y for me, so I'm happy with my purchase. Will I go ahead and buy a leather jacket from them in the future? Probably not, but only because I don't really need a collection of Harley jackets...I'd much rather spend the money on the bike.
Sorry you got a bogus second. I can only say that my dealings with these folks have been first rate! Glad you can get it fixed as these deals are unreal!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Hysterical

Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Don't sweat it....the union sour ****** on here are just bitchin' because times have changed and their life of luxury is coming to a sudden halt. They preach "buy american only " from their foreign made computer.

We have a global economy....it ain't going back....sticking your head in the sand and telling youself "he's wrong" may make you feel better, but you're simply out of touch.

Enjoy your jacket.

~Joe
Another non-union union basher. Kiss my Union ***.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Anthony Nalli
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SCJoe
I'd much rather spend the money on the bike.
I really am very happy with my "DavidJackets" but Harley need not worry about not getting that money. My Softail's at the dealer right now with what started as a tune up and is now something of a major chrome upgrade! And to some extent, the chrome shopping spree came was fueled by not spending so much on leather (it all just came out of my "bike budget").

Funny thing is I save a few hundred on jackets and that oddly translated to a few thousand in chrome!

A

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???