General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Pepedro63
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8blkfxdb
I ran across this website called davidjacket.com while looking for some new shirts. The prices are outrageously cheap. Like $18 for a $40-49 shirt (eBay prices). The only way to pay is thorugh Western Union or Swift Wire Transfer. They even have a page on here! Has anyone heard of or have any experience with these guys? Their email address looks like BS to me too. Its a yahoo email. Anyone know?
Same factory´s made those t-shirts and jacket, etc for MoCo also. Only reason why they dont accect PayPal is China´s coverment policy. They dont have premission to use PayPal or any other way to do business. If you are not ready to use Western Union or bank transfer you may want to check this page also http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/harley+jacket.html

They work as a middleman between you and those chinese factory and will realease you money to factory only after you let them know that you get the shipment. They also take credit card and PayPal.

Petri

Old 01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
KnucklesandBones
6th Gear
Default jacket

Hi everyone,

I live in the Netherlands and ordered twice with davidjackets.
Flawless, beautifull Harley leather jackets. For a fraction of the costs what I would pay over here. Had NO problems at all with this guy.
So I would do it right again..........

Cheers

Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since all of HD's clothes are foreign made anyway, Does that make it ok to buy foreign made knock offs????
It's just hilarious the stuff you read on this forum and how everyone gets pissed if you drive a toyota over ford And all the "BUY AMERICAN" Posts...... Then you have this post. makes you wonder

Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 385 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
Since all of HD's clothes are foreign made anyway, Does that make it ok to buy foreign made knock offs????
It's just hilarious the stuff you read on this forum and how everyone gets pissed if you drive a toyota over ford And all the "BUY AMERICAN" Posts...... Then you have this post. makes you wonder
I agree 100%.

This subject really pisses me off...

Those of you who are saying that Harley gets the jackets from China let me ask you a question. Did Davidjacket build up the brand? Did they design the jacket? Did they set and maintain the quality control standards that that we, Americans require?

If you buy this jacket because you always admired davidjackets and thought the eagles / wings / logos that davidjackets designed were cool and stood for something you agreed with then by all means buy the jacket. If not, you are doing it in full knowledge that they, a Chinese company are ripping off HD, an American company and you are helping them.

Ask yourselves this question...

If the single most important criteria for motorcycles and accessories for you is price then why do you ride a Harley?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
518Train
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Saw that website before Christmas bought my daughter a pair of Uggs from them. Ordered the Uggs on Dec. 21 got the Uggs on Jan 5. Uggs came in a Uggs box. $80 bucks with shipping plus 14 for western Union.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:11 PM
rescue7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rescue7
I sent them the amount for a Harley jacket via Western Union and shipped thru local postal carrier, sure enough 2 weeks later I received my jacket 1/3 the cost. No problem here, the experience I had was great.
Just ordered another jacket and again NO problem, got it within 2 weeks.
Remember these jackets are made in China same as the ones sold thru Harley dealers in good ol USA.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 PM
DSPORT
Cruiser

its hilarious how some people get so worked up over this stuff. If its cheaper somewhere else for the exact same thing, I would be stupid to spend the extra. American made quality isnt what it used to be, people need to wake up and take a look around

Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten, that's what my neighbor used to say. I wear pakistani leather and its as tough of leather or more so than domestic leather jackets. Too much of this supple leather bs that to me doesn't go well with a biker's jacket. I don't need supple and soft, just tough and thick. I 'll break it in on my own time.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 AM
DSPORT
Cruiser

I wasnt farmilliar with pakistani leather, will have to check it out, thanks

Old 02-22-2012, 09:18 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drewhaggith
its hilarious how some people get so worked up over this stuff. If its cheaper somewhere else for the exact same thing, I would be stupid to spend the extra. American made quality isnt what it used to be, people need to wake up and take a look around
I guess you haven't seen a good quality American made jacket then have you?

To be honest I haven't actually saw any of these so called jackets that people are ordering from this website, but I have seen the ones in the HD shops and they look like pure junk. Very thin leather, with incredibly small thread not to mention how cheap they look with all that Harley crap, flames, embossed logos, etc.

I did stop in the local leather shop that carries the Pakistan junk and they still look the same. Cheap leather and actually not so cheap prices. Close to $200 that I wouldn't give you $50 for. Plus the sizing amazes me. I wear a size 42 and I could barely fit in an extra large.

But I guess when you want the world to know you are a Harley rider nothing else matters.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???