General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Because of 3 things, my friend:

1. Government overregulation....EPA regs make it impossible to do business in the USA. Go look into opening up a chroming factory here, and you'll get a quick education.

2. American workers want HIGH wages, and alot of bennies, but don't want to do much. Americans are spoiled, and will do only "enought to get paid". Go work in construction and you will see guys intentionally cut corners so they don't have to work very hard. You go ahead and buy Chrysler...after i saw them on 20/20 smoking dope and drinking booze at 10 AM on their 30 minute break, I said fk 'em....and alot of others did too! Oh, and they just re-hired those circle jerks! I love my Honda.....QUALITY and assembled with pride.

3. Taxation is prohibitive. Why pay all the taxes as an owner when you can produce outside the country, import them and sell them here and undercut the competition? Ford has a factory in Mexico where they make their interior seat foam, because the EPA won't let them do it here, as it's tough on the water.

That's why industry in the USA is fuked. EPA, Taxes and red tape.

Why do you think the govenment all of a sudden quit going after Microsoft? Because Bill gates essentailly told them "keep ****in' with me and everyone in Washington State loses their job and I'll go to Malaysia and STILL sell here".

I ride Harleys because I like them...in spite of being assembled by guys "doing just enough to get paid"....and yes, I ALWAYS have to go behind them and fix their fk ups...every single one I've had. If they start making them in Japan, I'd call for a celebration! Time to go buy another new one!

the best Harleys have always been gone over, and in some cases rebuilt by the owners, by hand, using the best parts available, instead of the sometimes cheap **** from the MOCO. AMF Harley guys know this extinsively.

It cost a fortune to get my current bagger and Sporty "right"...now they are actually "nice". If you only knew the time and effort I spent fixing **** on every harley I've had to get her just right....

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 12-21-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Fox Creek was $432 delivered. No sales tax and is as heavy as the South Korean HD jacket I paid $450 for in 1986.
It has a full removable liner and vents, neither of which the HD has.

I also have a newer HD jacket that feels like kid glove leather. Very comfortable, but questionable on abrasion resistance.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 AM
Ace Hanlon
Tourer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

What a crazy thread. Did you guys know that The University of Notre Dame recently banned all Made In China goods from their bookstores, and prohibited athletic companies from selling their logo on Chinese-made apparel. I wish Harley would do the same? Go Irish I guess.

As far as the argument goes, I feel based on this thread that these jackets are likely made in the same factories that make the official gear. Illegitimate maybe, but not 'counterfeit'. The pictures that have been posted and testimonials are pretty convincing. Baka mentions that he is an expert in counterfeit electronic goods, my guess is that he would need to actually look at a pair of good counterfeits to know they are counterfeit. Without having examined one up close compared to a dealer version, as others on this thread have done, what proof do you have that these jackets are NOT produced in the same factories?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ish-goods.html

Old 12-21-2012, 12:41 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

So what is the difference between authentic Chinese made and counterfeit Chinese made leather jackets?

And what is so much better about caucasian hands over asian hands sewing the same chunk of animal hide together with polyester string?

....other than the fact that the caucasaian hands think they deserve 50 bucks an hour to do so....

~Joe

Old 12-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

I doubt there is a difference other than price for those made in the very same factories.

The other part, you're just implying racism.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Ace Hanlon
Tourer

I don't think there is a difference between the two, other than where the money is going. That is a question for Baka who insists one is 'counterfeit', I prefer 'illegitimate' is more accurate based on what we have learned in this thread.

Last edited by Ace Hanlon; 12-21-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:52 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Why else all the made in america bullshit? All the Asian bashing? Even when it can be proven that the quality is vastly better outside of the USA, and the price is much better.

It IS rooted in racism. It wasn't that many years ago alot of men in the south wouldn't buy a Plymouth, because they hired alot of blacks to work in their factories.....FACT....go read up on it.

All of my stuff was made by my fellow man.....not a friggin alien....and every single man that built my **** was trying to feed his family as well.

American workers are spoiled and lazy. I was one of them for 7 years (union electrician, IBEW card carrying Journeyman, trained through their 5 year apprenticeship)...but I got away from it, and have first hand knowledge. I was trianed in the art of not doing ****, dragging the job out and getting paid for overtime to get it done on time, etc.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 12-21-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:55 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ace Hanlon
I don't think there is a difference between the two, other than where the money is going. That is a question for Baka who insists one is 'counterfeit', I prefer 'illegitimate' is more accurate based on what we have learned in this thread.
He's addressing me, and I don't care, because I live in the 21st Century.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

You are aware that Virginia is a Right to Work state? I doubt Fox Creek has a union.

You can try to read between the lines, but it's only your bias showing.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Ace Hanlon
Tourer

Originally Posted by traveler
Why else all the made in america bullshit? All the Asian bashing? Even when it can be proven that the quality is vastly better outside of the USA, and the price is much better.

It IS rooted in racism. It wasn't that many years ago alot of men in the south wouldn't buy a Plymouth, because they hired alot of blacks to work in their factories.....FACT....go read up on it.

All of my stuff was made by my fellow man.....not a friggin alien....and every single man that built my **** was trying to feed his family as well.

American workers are spoiled and lazy. I was one of them for 7 years (union electrician, IBEW card carrying Journeyman, trained through their 5 year apprenticeship)...but I got away from it, and have first hand knowledge. I was trianed in the art of not doing ****, dragging the job out and getting paid for overtime to get it done on time, etc.

~Joe
Nevermind.

Last edited by Ace Hanlon; 12-21-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???