Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Damn, what a trainwreck...

JFC Baka, we've heard you - time and time again. Why are you still trolling this thread?

I've bought no less than 10 of their leather jackets over the past year. Wifey & I each kept one and I sold the rest. No one that I've shown/sold to thinks they're fake. I don't give a **** even if they are - I like it and they look/feel identical to the overpriced jackets hanging at the boutique dealers. Two for the price of one lets me sleep just fine at night.

It's ~always~ the guys who haven't bought from them who scream scam/counterfeit/fake the loudest. Notice it isn't anyone who bought from them?
The quality control might slip a little, but that happens with all manufacturing.
I bought a limited edition Arctic Cat leather jacket a number of years ago which had the US flag sewn on upside down. **** happens...

Old 12-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
As this country slowly slips over the event horizon from being a super power to just one of the pack ask yourself did you make things better for your children?
Seriously??? THAT from buying a few leather jackets which the moco has made in China anyway. If they were Made in the USA jackets being copied, then you have a argument. But they're not, so....

Old 12-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Tconnors810
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
This is simply pirated merchandise. If Foxconn (the chinese company that makes Apple stuff) started selling back door IPads for $200 would you buy one? If Cherry Motors (a GM Partner) started selling pirated Corvettes for $10,000 would you buy that?
If some chinese company starts pirating what ever intellectual or copyrighted property that supports you and your company would you be mad at us if we buy it from them because they are cheaper?
As this country slowly slips over the event horizon from being a super power to just one of the pack ask yourself did you make things better for your children?
Yes, I would buy a iPad from the same people that make the iPad for Apple. I don't think Cherry motors make the Corvette, so no, I would buy one of those.

I own a small business, I do my best to buy American, from another small business when ever I can. I usually pay more to do so and I'm fine with that. These guys aren't stealing HD intellectual property and making knockoffs, they are the manufacture for HD jackets, selling overruns and seconds.

Again, your argument is with HD not me. We agree on a lot more than you think, I bet

Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Tconnors810
These guys aren't stealing HD intellectual property and making knockoffs, they are the manufacture for HD jackets, selling overruns and seconds.
Where are your facts to back up that statement?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:39 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Would I buy out the back? I do all the time. I pick up 2 more from USPS tomorrow

The MOCO CAN'T shut down factories in China...they can try all they want....they will LOSE.

If I could get away with it here in the US, I'd be a distributor...undercut the MOCO and become rich.

You sour ****** on here don't bother me at all.

~Joe

Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

The Rolex, Omega, Patek, Tag, IWC, AP watches are fake. The LV, Polo, Gucci handbags are fake. The Armani suits are fake. The UGG boots are fake.

So, what you are saying is that although everything else they sell on that site is counterfeit, only the Harley stuff is authentic?

There's a sucker born every minute.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Oh, the headphones are counterfeit too.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Tconnors810
Cruiser

Originally Posted by baka1969
Where are your facts to back up that statement?

OK, Fact boy, prove to me they're fake, you must have at least one, right, since you know everything? As i said in previous posts, my fiance owns a consignment store, knockoffs are easy to tell if you ever saw the real one.

(I'll type slowly from this point on so even-you can understand)

What you fail to grasp is that the products that you mentioned aren't made in China. They are knockoffs, fakes, counterfeit, whatever you want to call them.

HD jackets are already made in China, there is no reason knock off what you already make.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tconnors810
OK, Fact boy, prove to me they're fake, you must have at least one, right, since you know everything? As i said in previous posts, my fiance owns a consignment store, knockoffs are easy to tell if you ever saw the real one.

(I'll type slowly from this point on so even-you can understand)

What you fail to grasp is that the products that you mentioned aren't made in China. They are knockoffs, fakes, counterfeit, whatever you want to call them.

HD jackets are already made in China, there is no reason knock off what you already make.
I'll try to be as polite as possible. Everything on their site is counterfeit.

Check on Head-Fi.org and you'll see the many reviews I've done (baka1969) on headphones. I've had manufacturers lend me merchandise for evaluation.

I was an avid collector of Swiss mechanical wristwatches. I was a moderator on TimeZone.com (Ross) about 13 years ago. I've had an article written about my collection in the primer issue of Fine Living Magazine. I have been quoted in several others from over a decade ago.

So I am an expert in watches and headphones. Although it doesn't take an expert to figure those items they're selling are counterfeit.

It doesn't take a genius to figure the handbags are counterfeit. It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholarship to know the Armani suits are counterfeit.

I think I've more than shown the high probability of the HD jackets of being counterfeit. You have proven absolutely nothing that they're authentic.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Tconnors810
Cruiser

Originally Posted by baka1969
I'll try to be as polite as possible. Everything on their site is counterfeit.

Check on Head-Fi.org and you'll see the many reviews I've done (baka1969) on headphones. I've had manufacturers lend me merchandise for evaluation.

I was an avid collector of Swiss mechanical wristwatches. I was a moderator on TimeZone.com (Ross) about 13 years ago. I've had an article written about my collection in the primer issue of Fine Living Magazine. I have been quoted in several others from over a decade ago.

So I am an expert in watches and headphones. Although it doesn't take an expert to figure those items they're selling are counterfeit.

It doesn't take a genius to figure the handbags are counterfeit. It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholarship to know the Armani suits are counterfeit.

I think I've more than shown the high probability of the HD jackets of being counterfeit. You have proven absolutely nothing that they're authentic.
I'm sure than, that if I handed you a knock-off set of headphones or wristwatch, you would know instantly that it was bogus. I collect coins, have for over 40 years, I can tell a bogus, cleaned and toned, coin it a second, no doubt, no question.

I can tell you I received 2 genuine Harley jackets from a seller on ali shipped from China. You're right, I don't know if Davids Jackets is selling knockoff or not, neither do you. I'll say it again this is all opinion, nothing else. I can tell you that the seller that I bought from is selling real ones and you can buy genuine HD jackets directly from China for around $200, which is about what they're worth. Based on everything that I have read from everyone who has actually bought from these type of sites and my personal experience, the preponderance of the evidence is that they are real.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???