Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
Common sense says the stuff they're selling is counterfeit.

Proof:

Tconnors, it's your money. If you want to purchase counterfeit merchandise, that's on you. But don't mislead people by saying their stuff is authentic when all solid evidence shows the contrary.
That's just the thing, not "all solid evidence" shows the contrary. As far as QUALITY missing the Y, that's not the same as a misspelling. That is poor quality control of another language, and could have been an issue with the machine...not a sure sign indicator of a knockoff.

Frankly, even if it WAS a knockoff, I don't care. If it makes you feel better to buy China crap through MoCo for insane prices, more power to you. I'd rather buy China crap direct for stupid prices instead. Better yet, I bought Fox Creek and never looked back. Comparing my HD leather jacket to my FC leather jacket is like comparing an '85 Cadillac Cimmarron to an '05 XLR.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Wakko47
That's just the thing, not "all solid evidence" shows the contrary. As far as QUALITY missing the Y, that's not the same as a misspelling. That is poor quality control of another language, and could have been an issue with the machine...not a sure sign indicator of a knockoff.

Frankly, even if it WAS a knockoff, I don't care. If it makes you feel better to buy China crap through MoCo for insane prices, more power to you. I'd rather buy China crap direct for stupid prices instead. Better yet, I bought Fox Creek and never looked back. Comparing my HD leather jacket to my FC leather jacket is like comparing an '85 Cadillac Cimmarron to an '05 XLR.
I have a HD branded mesh jacket I picked up for $100 at the dealership. I have a non-HD branded leather jacket. I refuse to pay for counterfeit merchandise. Period.

That site selling counterfeit "Rolex" watches is further evidence that everything on their site is counterfeit. Not one individual here nor has one post proven their jackets to be real.

Common sense and probability would suggest the stuff is counterfeit. This doesn't take a leap of faith to figure that out. Claiming their products are authentic is misleading.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Seeing how I just spent $500 on mostly HD apparel through them I had a chance to really inspect the clothing.

The jacket I got with the missing letter is in imperfect not a spelling error. A couple of the shirts we got fit on the smaller side. One HD hoodie has super tight sleeves and my arms are not that thick. I don't believe that their HD stuff is fake.Apparently, some of it will be imperfect or "seconds" but they all came with the exact same tags as you would find at an HD store.

Their website only claims that their HD is real. They don't pretend that the other stuff is authentic because it clearly isn't. I have a Breitling (real) and have seen knock-offs being sold locally for over $200 so even their knock off stuff is cheap.

I need a pair of running shoes for the gym so I ordered up some **** Shox for $25. They look real down to the tag which says "Made in Malaysia" lol but I know that they are definitely knock offs. I wouldn't go play ball with them but they're fine just to wear to the gym.

So to summarize: HD stuff = real but could be "seconds"
Other stuff = knock offs

My 2 cents.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
Seeing how I just spent $500 on mostly HD apparel through them I had a chance to really inspect the clothing.

The jacket I got with the missing letter is in imperfect not a spelling error. A couple of the shirts we got fit on the smaller side. One HD hoodie has super tight sleeves and my arms are not that thick. I don't believe that their HD stuff is fake.Apparently, some of it will be imperfect or "seconds" but they all came with the exact same tags as you would find at an HD store.

Their website only claims that their HD is real. They don't pretend that the other stuff is authentic because it clearly isn't. I have a Breitling (real) and have seen knock-offs being sold locally for over $200 so even their knock off stuff is cheap.

I need a pair of running shoes for the gym so I ordered up some **** Shox for $25. They look real down to the tag which says "Made in Malaysia" lol but I know that they are definitely knock offs. I wouldn't go play ball with them but they're fine just to wear to the gym.

So to summarize: HD stuff = real but could be "seconds"
Other stuff = knock offs

My 2 cents.
I see no evidence that their jackets are authentic. Based on the other counterfeit merchandise they sell it seems likely the jackets are also counterfeit.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
I see no evidence that their jackets are authentic. Based on the other counterfeit merchandise they sell it seems likely the jackets are also counterfeit.
But you haven't personally seen one up close right?

The consensus of everyone who has ordered a jacket from them is that they are real.
It's only the people who haven't ordered one or held one in their hands that are calling it fake.

What does that tell you?

Old 12-19-2012, 02:58 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
But you haven't personally seen one up close right?

The consensus of everyone who has ordered a jacket from them is that they are real.
It's only the people who haven't ordered one or held one in their hands that are calling it fake.

What does that tell you?
It doesn't tell me anything. I will not spend my money on counterfeit merchandise. Therefore, I will not order from their site.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM
quilde
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Round and round we go.

I have to agree with what people are saying though, yes the other merchandise they have on there is definitely fake.

As for the jackets I received, I honestly don't think they are fake whatsoever, every detail I look at seems perfect. If they are fake, they're pretty identical to the real ones (also made in china) so I don't have an issue with it.

That being said, one of my jackets did seem to have a flaw in the leather used, its seems lighter in colour and softer than the dealers. I'm no leather expert but my theory is that some part of the tanning/staining process may have been faulty.

I've looked up some of the jacket prices over there in the states, I can understand some may be willing to pay that little bit extra for piece of mind, but over here in Aus the mark up its pretty intense, same goes for pretty much every leather jacket brand.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM
quilde
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and I contacted Sun regarding my concerns with the leather and size. He offered a discount on my next order and suggested I try sell it locally, so we'll see how that goes.

As for sizing he believes that HD may have different sizes for US and EU, we must have EU here. Apparently I'm an XS in american, man you guys breed em big.

I'll be asking for photos of the product prior to purchasing if I decide to again.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quilde
Oh and I contacted Sun regarding my concerns with the leather and size. He offered a discount on my next order and suggested I try sell it locally, so we'll see how that goes.

As for sizing he believes that HD may have different sizes for US and EU, we must have EU here. Apparently I'm an XS in american, man you guys breed em big.

I'll be asking for photos of the product prior to purchasing if I decide to again.
I'm in Canada,, i agree... i always order one size up from actuall and jsut got a new leather jacket... i can say, its real... dont crap what others say..

Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

There's a sucker born every minute.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???