Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM
DeaD SpacE
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just an FYI,I have dealt with a few Chinese companys and I have payed them all with paypal.So the BS about their goverment not allowing the use of paypal is well BS.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by DeaD SpacE
Just an FYI,I have dealt with a few Chinese companys and I have payed them all with paypal.So the BS about their goverment not allowing the use of paypal is well BS.
It might be BS,but all the guys on this Forum who've bought from them were generally satisfied and none ripped off.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
jmale1972
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto

Old 12-18-2012, 04:16 AM
EnglishAdam
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True Dat

What they are doing is avoiding a charge back.

If you pay with Paypal, then enter a dispute for whatever reason (poor quality, damaged good etc) Paypal will side with the buyer 99% of the time and refund the money to the buyer.

By sending a money order, you've paid and will not get a refund.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten, that's what my neighbor used to say. I wear pakistani leather and its as tough of leather or more so than domestic leather jackets. Too much of this supple leather bs that to me doesn't go well with a biker's jacket. I don't need supple and soft, just tough and thick. I 'll break it in on my own time.
Really??? My police motorcycle leather jackets are replaced every 5 years by my department. My two previous jackets (Taylor leather) were made in USA with US leather and still look good-I still use one for my off duty riding (minus the patches, off course), and at 10 years old looks great. The other went to my nephew. It's 15 years old and looks good, doesn't need re-dyed or repaired in any way. Taylor Leather changed over to Pakastani leather a few years ago. My latest jacket is 2 years old and looks terrible. It needs re-dyed and is clearly an inferior grade of leather, and the tanning and dyeing process they used is substandard.

The Chinese leather jackets sold at HD dealerships are a joke-thin leather with cheap zippers and poor stitching.

But if cheap turns you on, go for it.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Never mind the Pakistani leather, its the stitching you need to worry about but that is something you won't find out till you go down and the seams seperate and exposed your tender bits.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
Really??? My police motorcycle leather jackets are replaced every 5 years by my department. My two previous jackets (Taylor leather) were made in USA with US leather and still look good-I still use one for my off duty riding (minus the patches, off course), and at 10 years old looks great. The other went to my nephew. It's 15 years old and looks good, doesn't need re-dyed or repaired in any way. Taylor Leather changed over to Pakastani leather a few years ago. My latest jacket is 2 years old and looks terrible. It needs re-dyed and is clearly an inferior grade of leather, and the tanning and dyeing process they used is substandard.

The Chinese leather jackets sold at HD dealerships are a joke-thin leather with cheap zippers and poor stitching.

But if cheap turns you on, go for it.
Wasn't looking to strike a nerve, still have but doesn't fit anymore my hd jacket from 1978. Just meant some folks buy leathers by leather thickness witch I don't think necessarily translates to toughness of the leather when sliding down the road. In my mind, as in my post, originally stiff leather wears better but take longer to break in. The point I wanted to make was the sell point of "supple leather" as a sell point when thats not really what I want if I go down. btw, after 4 years my pakistani jacket still looks good, maybe they got a bad lot.

Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 12-18-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added thought
Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 PM
quilde
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after 8 days of making payment I have to jackets sitting here, which is pretty impressive.

However there are some issues. The black reflective 3-1 jacket for the Mrs is totally perfect. Stitching and everything is fine. Size is true.

My jacket however (of course) has a few problems. I ordered the brown roadway jacket. The sizing is definitely off, I ordered a small but this seems to be a medium I would say.

Stitching seems good

The most concerning thing is the material though. Compared to those I've seen in store and in any photo you look at, this one is a lighter brown and not distressed at all. I've emailed them to see if all the jackets they have are like this or just the one I got.

It still looks good, and I'd probably keep it but alas the size is too big. Might be a job for ebay, assuming they won't replace. I'll include some photos and keep you updated.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Afrobaron
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quilde
Well after 8 days of making payment I have to jackets sitting here, which is pretty impressive.

However there are some issues. The black reflective 3-1 jacket for the Mrs is totally perfect. Stitching and everything is fine. Size is true.

My jacket however (of course) has a few problems. I ordered the brown roadway jacket. The sizing is definitely off, I ordered a small but this seems to be a medium I would say.

Stitching seems good

The most concerning thing is the material though. Compared to those I've seen in store and in any photo you look at, this one is a lighter brown and not distressed at all. I've emailed them to see if all the jackets they have are like this or just the one I got.

It still looks good, and I'd probably keep it but alas the size is too big. Might be a job for ebay, assuming they won't replace. I'll include some photos and keep you updated.

If it had been an XL I would have takenit off your hands.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I refuse to purchase any counterfeit merchandise. All the stuff on their site is counterfeit. If anyone thinks the $99 "Rolex" is real then there really is a sucker born every minute. Better your money than mine.

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???