General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you were making a Harley commercial...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 AM
rdking8983
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny_Ringo
Can't say the deal is done, but my company has been approached about shooting for Harley in the very near future. One of these shoots will be a commercial.

I'm pretty set on what the shoot will involve, but I gotta ask, what makes a good harley commercial in your opinion? a bad one?
Show the bike with great fit and finish like they have now, but it has a 21st century motor with liquid cooling and TOHC, and pushes over 100 horsepower from the factory. Nevermind, they don't make that one. better stick with the lifestyle.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 AM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Good...........this one. Less about Harley's, it captures what riding a motorcycle is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqkCxV8SkI
This one, and "Biker Clause" were always my favorite HD commercials.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No music, just engine at idle, low volume. Increases in revs and volume until the end of the spot at a full blow howl.
Two guys and a girl having a couple of burgers. Two helmets on the table. Girl is very conservative and well groomed. All three get up and leave together. The guys start to put their helmets on...the girl takes the helmet from him and puts it on herself. One of the guys put his on and the guy and girl ride off together. The other guy just shakes his head and shuffles off down the rode...like a lost soul...
Girl has HD jeans with logo on her *** pocket. Guy has HD helmet with Logo.
No words until the HD logo appears at closing and then a narrator says...
Harley Davidson...they are not for everyone.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,177 Likes on 6,713 Posts

A bunch of old, fat guys sitting in front of the dealership on Saturday morning, drinking coffee, eating donuts, and belching and farting. A minivan full of hot Soccer Moms pulls up, screeching to a halt. Hot Soccer Moms pile out, and rape all the old fat guys, double-teaming some of them. They all run back into the minivan, and do a burnout on the getaway. The old, fat guys just lay there wheezing with their pants down around their ankles. Panning across the bottom of the screen:
FREE COFFEE, DONUTS, AND BROTHERHOOD EVERY SATURDAY!

(And they should run this commercial during SOA reruns.)

Old 10-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

To me its about the bikes "soul". The if I have to tell you, you won't understand stuff.

My best explaination to people when explaining why I ride HD compared to the other stuff, is by using a muscle car comparison. I ride a HD because it's like buying a brand new '70 302 Boss Mustang or '72 Hemi Cuda or hoped up '57 Chevy. Most can understand that. It's American iron with soul. They get that concept.

So imagine a guy at a stop light in his nice muscle car of choice, in the lane to the left pulls up some stupid "ricer" Honda and then pulling up to his left is some preteniuos old fart in a Mercedes or Lexus. Light turns the green and the ricer burns it up tail swinging back and forth like an idiot, and the to the right shows him holding the Grey Poupon listening to some opera. The guy flicks the radio on to some great Merian rock and roll and pulls away. It's a quick not well thought out idea, but somehow that same dude could be shown morphing into riding his FatBoy...

I don't know. That is why I am not in advertising. But it does help me explain the HD to the ignorant sometimes.

Last edited by Pumba11; 10-10-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 AM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Bikes and babes. ***** don't hurt

Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

You can have one of these,!!!

Or U can have one of those.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...ter&id=8839520

Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Arihant
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****. Nuff said.
Oh, and remember to throw in gratuitous shots and slow mo pans of waving, do rag tying, gas cap placement, and sepia footage of assless chaps, fingerless gloves, flipflops n shorts. End with a posse riding into a horizon thats actually a skyline made of different types of shocks, and tranny/engine oil bottles.
On second thought, substitute all the above for ****.