General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bestwestern/Harley Davidson program

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Sikk50
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bestwestern in Carp is ghetto-tastic.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The BW's in Cle Elum Washington, Wallace Montana, and Sea Side Oregon were awesome....great service nice clean rooms....and they insisted on me leaving the bike right in front of the doors so the desk staff could watch it.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, try to find the BW in Wells Nevada...it is no longer a BW and it would be cleaner to sleep in a ditch.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it is yet another POS that harley pushes to make you think you are getting a good deal. AARP, AAA, or damn near any other discount is as good or better than the harley/best western one. and most best westerns are sorry places to stop in the first place.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
PhoenixRising01
Intermediate
Angry Best Western??

I'm a plain-spoken person, so, if the following offends you, I really don't care.

I've traveled for years, staying at motel chains, mom & pops, Bed and Breakfasts, etc. Over the past few years I have discovered that the general quality of service has deterioated tremendously. I have also noted an incredible influx of foreign nationals, primarily Indian, become owners of chain motels. It always appears that most of their employees are family. Little if any attention or money is spent on maintainence. Stained carpets, broken tiles in the shower, and in one memorable night, blood on the ceiling, has become the norm rather than the exception. It has gotten so bad that they are putting Americans on the desk to appease any concerns. In Naples, Fl. once, I was charged an extra $10.00 for the privelege of having basic television. I got my money back and moved on. I have a trip coming up this month, covering at least eight states, and motels are my primary concern. Everybody is working a con of some type, including the independent Best Westerns.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:16 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Best Western's are a crap shoot. I gave up on them years ago. Very inconsistent. Many sub standard.

I must say that the big one in Butte Montana is okay quality and ranks number one in it's breakfast buffet. I vote with my belly.

My current system is to look for new construction. The older facilities are being scooped up by the ones with poor service. It is getting bad though. I may start going to the higher rated brands.

I just got back from Laughlin and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in North Platte, Neb. At 5 pm to 7 they served beer wine and various cheeses, trail mix, chips, salsa, lemonade, tea and other snack items. The beer was very cold and they keep pouring it. Then at 8 PM there was milk and cookies. All was complimentary of course.

Last edited by lh4x4; 05-03-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Things have gotten so bad that on all my travels the main pain in the *** is worrying about where to spend the night and where to eat. Many times I wish I was still travelling in my motor home. Clean bed, clean bathroom and home cooked food plus any dirt is my own. However, the wind, free feeling, and the good gas mileage keep me on the bike. We need to hear from the bikers that camp.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:23 PM
dad311
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive travel and stay in hotels almost every week for the last 25 years. Ive stayed at all the chains at one time or another. The last 5-7 years Ive became a loyal customer of the Hilton brands (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood suites). Ive never been disappointed and never been concerned of what I might find.

However, like a earlier post, I do prefer my RV.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Best Western's are a crap shoot. I gave up on them years ago. Very inconsistent. Many sub standard.

I must say that the big one in Butte Montana is okay quality and ranks number one in it's breakfast buffet. I vote with my belly.

My current system is to look for new construction. The older facilities are being scooped up by the ones with poor service. It is getting bad though. I may start going to the higher rated brands.

I just got back from Laughlin and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in North Platte, Neb. At 5 pm to 7 they served beer wine and various cheeses, trail mix, chips, salsa, lemonade, tea and other snack items. The beer was very cold and they keep pouring it. Then at 8 PM there was milk and cookies. All was complimentary of course.

I couldn't agree more........and add the Butte Montana one to the list I've already posted..I forgot about that one....but the rest of them....it is a crap shoot....more often than not I seem to shoot the crap

Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any Indians in the area>>>>>>>>>?

Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

On I-70 on the way to I-15 to Vegas in Green River is a Best Western that I almost forgot about. It is the River Terrace. It is on the South side of the street through Green River Utah and is on the river bank.

The rooms are large and an excellent breakfast. It has the self serve bar but the staff will make to order omelet's, pancakes, waffles and other items at your request.

It is along side a restaurant that overlooks the river also. It is a excellent spot for the evening meal and watch the sunset.

I hit it every year on the trip to Vegas then Laughlin. No wonder I never loose weight.

Quick Reply: Bestwestern/Harley Davidson program