General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011 | 05:50 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
You need to take look at "The Dragula" Pipe that Frank over at DragosBikeWorks offers.Its a Hell of alot cheaper than the D&D, he's only asking $650 ,it performs better,looks better and comes with interchangeable tips,and youcan also get it in chrome or black.Just received mine yesterday all I can say is WOW .This pipe is Massive.The workmanship is awesome.This pipe is nothing short of Incredible.

Let's see some pics!!

Old 05-03-2011 | 06:26 PM
Red09UG
Intermediate

Ok, here is pics of my Frank Drago 2-1 with custom tip

Attached Thumbnails Best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust system-cimg1234.jpg   Best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust system-cimg1233.jpg   Best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust system-cimg1235.jpg  
Old 05-03-2011 | 08:51 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Plow64

Let's see some pics!!
Here we go again.LOL Go to Franks website you can see all the pic's you want.

Old 05-04-2011 | 04:23 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Red09UG
Ok, here is pics of my Frank Drago 2-1 with custom tip
That's a good looking set up. I'd definitely give 'em a try next time I'm in the market for a 2-1.

Old 05-04-2011 | 09:21 AM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

+1 on the Fat Cat, thats whats on my 103...

My is to stay away from the R+B pipes. Have a buddy that wanted one on his 150hp road glide, took damn near 2 months for them to send him the first pipe, it didnt fit correctly... the second pipe had a dent in the rear of the pipe the size of a quarter... 3rd pipe didnt fit. Almost 4 months into this ordeal, he ordered the boarzilla from D+D had it in a week, mounted right up, sounds like a brute.

Old 05-04-2011 | 05:58 PM
Unbelievable
|
Intermediate

I called Drago's up... to ask him some questions..

I found out he's only about 60 miles from me..

Maybe I'll just go up there this weekend...

Old 05-04-2011 | 08:09 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dyna_in_the_works
+1 on the Fat Cat, thats whats on my 103...

My is to stay away from the R+B pipes. Have a buddy that wanted one on his 150hp road glide, took damn near 2 months for them to send him the first pipe, it didnt fit correctly... the second pipe had a dent in the rear of the pipe the size of a quarter... 3rd pipe didnt fit. Almost 4 months into this ordeal, he ordered the boarzilla from D+D had it in a week, mounted right up, sounds like a brute.
From my understanding R&B lets you know upfront that there will be a wait to get your pipe, now as far is it not fitting or being damaged during shipping I have not heard of this before (although I could see the shipping damage) again from what I understand R&B build each pipe accoring to bike model and year, prehaps your friend did not inform them of any aftermarket or modified parts, I don't know but that sounds plausible to me.

Old 05-04-2011 | 10:58 PM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
From my understanding R&B lets you know upfront that there will be a wait to get your pipe, now as far is it not fitting or being damaged during shipping I have not heard of this before (although I could see the shipping damage) again from what I understand R&B build each pipe accoring to bike model and year, prehaps your friend did not inform them of any aftermarket or modified parts, I don't know but that sounds plausible to me.
Well i will say this is the only scenerio of this kind ive heard of, and yes, as the pipes are ordered they are made to custom fit... But i know for a fact that he let them in on all the details of his entire build. A guy thats gonna go to the trouble to order a 131" from jims, then pull it apart and modify it further, is the kind of guy you can trust not to skimp on the details. Bottom line is it took over 4months to figure out that this was a futile effort... With no discount, with no apologies from the manufacturer and 3 imperfet pipes, he was done. Boarzilla showed up packaged like you would a baby if you had to ship one, with NO dents, AND it mounted right up... Looks amazing and sounds even better... D&D did the job right.

Old 05-05-2011 | 04:09 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Unbelievable
I called Drago's up... to ask him some questions..

I found out he's only about 60 miles from me..

Maybe I'll just go up there this weekend...
The stars have just aligned: you need a Drago 2-1. Ask about a Procharger while you're there... : )

Old 05-05-2011 | 10:26 AM
cray49a
Road Master
Default Thundererheader

Originally Posted by mjsawatzky
Thunderheader
Agreed. I have has several different and the Thunderheader is the best all round for me.

Quick Reply: Best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust system