General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011 | 10:01 PM
Red09UG
Intermediate

If you want a great set of 2-1 pipes, give Frank Drago a call. I have a 2009 Ultra Glide and did a lot of online research. Found a couple of people on this forum who had tried Franks pipes so I gave him a call. Frank will give you an honest opinion, lots of facts on the different manufactures and let you make your own decision. What I liked is that he is an engineer by trade and designed all his own pipes. Over the winter I installed his ceramic coated 2-1. based on my discussions with Frank and my desire for a balance between performance and a good deep rumble sound, Frank suggested a 2.28 inch baffle....but discuss with him what your looking for as he has several different baffle sizes. I have put on about a 1000 miles and love the sound and performance. I hope to get the benefit of the ceramic coating during our Texas summer - any reduction in exhaust heat will be worth it. Installation was easy and took me about 4 hours -- start to finish -- longest time was spent messing with getting the header flange seated. Overall a great fit, great look, great sound, all for a lower price than I could get from any of the "name" brands. As a side note, I also had a PCV installed when I bought the bike. After more research on the PCV auto-tuner, I called Frank for his opinion and he told me about the Revolution Performance auto-tuner. So off I went again to do my research (I don't take anyone's initial word on anything).....Found out the RP auto-tuner was far more advanced in terms of constant power curve adjustments, so I had Frank ship me one of those -- easy simple installation. Personally I don't regret the upgrade. it allows me to make future mods without re-programming and the bike "appears" to be more responsive. But again, talk to Frank. He gives you honest insightful information and lets you go do your own research if you want -- which is what appealed to me.

Good luck, this is just my research and experience, my final decision, and my thoughts 5 months later. If your interested, Dragos Bike Works site is http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res11gba9/id11.html

Old 05-02-2011 | 10:15 PM
Ramona
Cruiser

Had a Thunderheader....liked it.
Presently have a RBRacing 'B' pipe with 2" primaries...slash cut...gobs of torque. This pipe is on a FXR 113" S&S.
Will you be wanting 2" primaries with your motor set-up?

Old 05-02-2011 | 10:42 PM
baldric
Road Warrior

Throwing in my .25$ I have a Supertrapp on my FXD and love the tunability of them mostly with the idiot noise laws that come up to pad the coffers of various gov't agencies. You can tune for top end or torque by adjusting the disks and a benefit is the db levels can also be adjusted the same way.

Old 05-02-2011 | 10:53 PM
DanD
Road Captain

love my Thunderheader.

Old 05-02-2011 | 11:40 PM
roughneck266
Cruiser

I just put a set of Dragos SCS 2 into ones on mine. I havent done my cams yet but I gotta say they are NICE. Love the sound and they definitely added to the get up and go. Pretty hard to beat his prices too. I was originally going to put a fatcat on mine but after I saw a set of his on another guys bike I had to at least check them out. Couldnt be happier with mine. You can look at the pic on my profile if you wanna see em. Be happy to email you a short video if you want to hear em just PM me.

Old 05-02-2011 | 11:57 PM
Rick-e
Road Master

Thunderheader, good low end torque, good midrange, great sound!

Old 05-03-2011 | 02:40 AM
Unbelievable
|
Intermediate

@Red09UG

I was looking at Drago's 2 into 1 pipe...

It's way cheaper then a thunder-header and d&d pipe...

How's it for heat on your thighs?

I'm guessing with that back pipe gone.. It's gotta be a little cooler???

Well it's off to work.. Will do more research later tonight...

And thanks everyone else about their likes ans dislike about pipes..

It's kinda like...

Are Blonds better then Brunettes?

Old 05-03-2011 | 02:58 AM
Unbelievable
|
Intermediate

Oopps.. this was a double post..

Old 05-03-2011 | 06:20 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I didn't see the Vance and Hines Pro-Pipe mentioned. It is a fine pipe all the way around and the quality and customer service Vance and Hines provides is First Rate!

The following users liked this post:
NWTruck (03-06-2021)
Old 05-03-2011 | 07:06 AM
buell95
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Unbelievable
@Red09UG

I was looking at Drago's 2 into 1 pipe...

It's way cheaper then a thunder-header and d&d pipe...

How's it for heat on your thighs?

I'm guessing with that back pipe gone.. It's gotta be a little cooler???

Well it's off to work.. Will do more research later tonight...

And thanks everyone else about their likes ans dislike about pipes..

It's kinda like...

Are Blonds better then Brunettes?
I have a set of Franks pipes also went from thunder header to his. Heat is not a issue cause they are ceramic coated inside and out, Best pipe I have had.

Quick Reply: Best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust system