Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well that was an interesting ride.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:59 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well that was an interesting ride.....

Started off by getting cut off by some guy turning left into my right of way. Stopped next to him at the stop sign and asked WTF? Got a blank stare as he slammed the gas to drive off.....d1ck.

Started cruising and enjoying the ride down some back streets. Up ahead is a white truck and suddenly a roll of black electrical tape comes rolling across the lane. I figure, "hey no worries musta fallen off the back." Until I see a kitchen knife that had to have been 8-9" long thrown out the cab into the lane. Swerved around it and got the license plate of the truck (Hey never know, coulda been a murder weapon!)

Now, I'm figuring that it's just not a good day to ride and started heading home.
Decided to cruise down US1 as traffic is lighter and speed a bit higher at 50. Noticed shortly that some a**hole in a Charger is riding my ***. I glanced down to check my speed and notice I'm already going 55. The Charger ended up blowing by me at least at 75 MPH! That's when I noticed his tag was a government tag for the DHS.

When the hell did the government start buying sports cars?!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
wookie214
Tourer

You must live a sheltered life. I have trouble remembering any rides the last few years where some turd didn't pull out in front of me, someone rolling through a stop sign into my right of way, girls texting and weaving crossing dividing lines or a dickweed trying to crawl up my *** at a red light.......
Now, DHS driving Chargers? THAT ticks me off.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:22 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by wookie214
You must live a sheltered life. I have trouble remembering any rides the last few years where some turd didn't pull out in front of me, someone rolling through a stop sign into my right of way, girls texting and weaving crossing dividing lines or a dickweed trying to crawl up my *** at a red light.......
Now, DHS driving Chargers? THAT ticks me off.
Yeah, I usually have that happen every once in awhile, but all these were within a hour span.......

Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 410 Posts

Sounds like a bad day. I had a clown cut in front of me today, too.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out this way the local cops have a dark gray challenger with hidden cop lights... He rides up behind some unsuspecting citizen, tailgates the crap out of them, then when they speed up to get out of his way the lights go on and he writes a ticket.

Usually the regular cop cars don't pull this ****. BUT up in Denver I've had it happen to me a couple of times - some dip **** leo in his cop car.. less than a foot from my back tire.. Good for me that I didn't fall for his trap.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Originally Posted by tinker1
Out this way the local cops have a dark gray challenger with hidden cop lights... He rides up behind some unsuspecting citizen, tailgates the crap out of them, then when they speed up to get out of his way the lights go on and he writes a ticket.

Usually the regular cop cars don't pull this ****. BUT up in Denver I've had it happen to me a couple of times - some dip **** leo in his cop car.. less than a foot from my back tire.. Good for me that I didn't fall for his trap.
That's how I got my first ticket after getting my drivers license. Cop tailgated the hell outta me, switched lanes with me, and finally I sped up to keep him from being so close. On came the lights and ticket was issued.

But this car was different, it had government plates like the ones you see for the military GOV's. Only way I knew who owned it was the license plate having DHS as it's identifier.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:48 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer

But this car was different, it had government plates like the ones you see for the military GOV's. Only way I knew who owned it was the license plate having DHS as it's identifier.

Don't-cha know! You are a threat to the security of the home land.....

Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,593 Likes on 765 Posts

Most all our locals, county and HP have Chargers. Also SUVs and trucks. Still a few Crown Vics around also...
The locals and HP are also running crotch rockets.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tinker1

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
That's how I got my first ticket after getting my drivers license. Cop tailgated the hell outta me, switched lanes with me, and finally I sped up to keep him from being so close. On came the lights and ticket was issued.

Wonder what a lawyer would do with that entrapment with the officer breaking the law tailgating?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:09 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kowan
Wonder what a lawyer would do with that entrapment with the officer breaking the law tailgating?
Your word against his, who ya think is gonna win?

Quick Reply: Well that was an interesting ride.....