Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And they want to crack down on us!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:14 AM
girlster8015
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And they want to crack down on us!

Our local police are going after bikers because 25% of fatalities involve bikes....what about the other 75%...plus part of this campaign is against loud pipes...how many loud pipes have you seen cause a fatal accident????

I've seen some weird things riding and looking over at the cagers beside me:

SEMI driver eating a PLATE (like in kitchen plate) of spagetti and meatballs while driving
A man eating corn on the cob while driving
Too many people talking on cell phones while driving (even though illegal here)
Way too many people looking down for a LOOOONG time while texting or reading texts trying to hide it from the cops (even worse than before the law banning electronic devices while driving)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... but I'm sure there's more...

Old 05-01-2011, 04:19 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How exactly are they going to be cracking down on bikers... besides loud pipes?

Old 05-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

Read your post and you know why they are cracking down on motorcycles. It is the number 25% plain and simple we are the smallest group so they choose to go after us. They can't very well go after the largest population now can they? That would incite the whole population not just a small % of it.

Some of the best things I have seen as a truck driver are people reading newspapers, books and documents while driving. And the best ones are either pleasuring one's self or having someone else do it for them. And yes I have seen all types of these actions when they pass me and I look down...lol

Old 05-01-2011, 01:07 PM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by girlster8015
*cut some*

I've seen some weird things riding and looking over at the cagers beside me:
I thought I'd seen it all until one day passing a school bus in my truck,
I happened to glance over and observed the driver with the newspaper
spread across the steering wheel. I can't believe the chances people
take today.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by highflyer
Do you expect goverment to cover your expenses if you are in an accident? Do you expect people to tolerate your loud pipes? If I rode to back in forth in front of your house with loud bike that would be OK? If I expected you to pay my medical expenses because I don't wear a helmet or any other safety equipment that is OK too?
WTH kind of post is that, highflyer??.....I didn't hear the OP referring to anything like that.....You smell like a TROLL to me!!!!
The man made a legitimate post...why are you trying to twist it into something it is not?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:30 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Do you expect goverment to cover your expenses if you are in an accident? Do you expect people to tolerate your loud pipes? If I rode to back in forth in front of your house with loud bike that would be OK? If I expected you to pay my medical expenses because I don't wear a helmet or any other safety equipment that is OK too?
I don't know where "BUTTVILLE" is.....but with the medical we have here, and it's called universal healthcare, everyone is covered..paid through our taxes. and that means from the prime minister all the way down to the lowly homeless bum on the street...everyone is covered, and not by the government but by our taxes.

where in the OP's post did she say she has loud pipes and even if she did, who's saying she's being an ******* and pissing a bunch of people off by revving the **** out of her bike?
and third...if you did live up here....yes your medical expenses would be covered regardless of what you did or didn't do..that's the beauty of universal healthcare.

now...you have any other comments?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:43 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

girlster8015 .... Police have always been the Tom and us the Jerry it's just one of those things ! ..... Like lifting pennies off a dead mans eyes! .... easy touch , easy revenue , loads of us so no fear of us becoming extinct ! .... But they are just the puppets on the end of the string ..... the people who are responsible for most of the do you mind telling me what your doing minding your own business riding your bike and while we are at it although we have stopped you for this we will look for that conversations by the side of the road carried out by the police are the people in power voted by and duly elected into government by the majority of citizens including bikers .... and it don't matter if ya change the strings your still gonna have the puppets ...... Funny old world!

Last edited by skulltrainharley; 05-01-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:03 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Hahaha

do you expect goverment to cover your expenses if you are in an accident? Do you expect people to tolerate your loud pipes? If i rode to back in forth in front of your house with loud bike that would be ok? If i expected you to pay my medical expenses because i don't wear a helmet or any other safety equipment that is ok too?
no miss, i dont expect you to pay for sh*t thats why i pay for my health insurance estupid. If you cant afford health insurance but your riding a bike maybe your priorities are f*cked up bra and you should stop riding up and down the street people probably think your lame dude.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by girlster8015
Our local police are going after bikers because 25% of fatalities involve bikes....what about the other 75%....

They also seem to be ignoring that, of that 25%, about 80-90% are the fault of somebody driving a car.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Wade91
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's just BS that they are going for the bikers. Picking on guys just enjoying their rides. As a deputy sheriff I got nothing against bikers and I don't pay a lick of attention to them, they are just guys like me trying to enjoy their day.

Quick Reply: And they want to crack down on us!