General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your monthly payments looking like if you bought from the dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by garand
Paying cash doesn't hurt your credit! Negative reports on your credit hurt your credit. People say, "Bad credit is better than no credit." That is a ton of crap as well. Bad credit takes years to go away. Good credit can be had within a year.

I agree with the previous comment: This is a BIG mistake! Read "The Total Money Makeover" and you won't buy this bike.

I'm wasting my time though. The OP will buy the bike and be like the other 70% of American's living paycheck to paycheck and working into his 80s, but hey, he can brag about his good credit!

We preach to borrow money on chit we can't afford to get a high credit score so we can buy even more chit we can't afford. Stupid.
had a friend that paid cash for everything. cars, bikes, etc etc.

when he went to buy a house....he was turned down because he never built his credit rating

Old 04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
blackmetal415
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher

when he went to buy a house....he was turned down because he never built his credit rating
why didn't he just pay cash for the house since thats what 30% of Americans do and i guess the 70% of us are ignorant and live in houses and don't get turned down because we try build are credit

Old 04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmetal415
Your probably right or maybe wrong but if i don't make my own decision i will always be asking for what i should do and i have saved for last 3 months and have 5k saved for a down. so if i can save 5k in 3 months i think i can make a 500 dollar payment each month.

i will get my ride and finally ride with a big smile in my face not riding everyday on my honda and making it try sound like a harley. also when i ride i don't have that feeling that finally i have got what i always wanted.

i love riding is something i couldn't wait to do and i accomplished it and now i want to get my harley and i am not funded with thousands to cash it out .

plus if i can pay more then 500 monthly i will do so.
thanks and i have always been told that i spend my money on thing that are not necessary but what i have learned is my money not anyone else's if i fall in my face then i will get up and learn my lesson an try again some day
So if you are so financially secure, knowledgeable, and responsible and don't want to hear our opinions, then why are you asking an elementary question about payments on a message board? The way you stated your original post tells me you are clueless and will do what you want anyway.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

If you go to sleep with a hangover, can you still wake up with one?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
garand
Road Master

That is also the best come back of people that choose to strategically keep themselves in debt. I financed at house at 20 when I first joined the Army and had a negative net worth. I'm sure if I have 6 figures in net and no debts I could get a mortgage without a problem. I even asked a bank and got the truth. But, I don't have to worry about that, because I'm going to pay cash for my next house.

"I knew a guy..." LOL classic!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by blackmetal415
i guess the 70% of us are ignorant and live in houses and don't get turned down because we try build are credit
yep....I'm proud to be ignorant and have a credit rating over 730

Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by garand
"I knew a guy..." LOL classic!
you want his facebook page? I'm still friends with him

Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Find out what interest rate your dealer is going to charge you and approximately how much out the door. Go my the my calculators web site enter your down payment, interest rate and how many years. BAM!!!
teamster

Old 04-25-2011, 12:07 PM
garand
Road Master

[QUOTE=schumacher;823682

Last edited by garand; 04-25-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
garand
Road Master

yep....I'm proud to be ignorant and have a credit rating over 730
Only the ignorant brag about a credit score. I mean an "I Love Debt Score." You can live paycheck to paycheck and have a high FICO. "Wealth isn't what you spend, it's what you don't spend."

...and I'm out of here. You can't convince a man against his will. Don't you people ever read? Try the millionaire mind or millionaire next door? Learn to budget or something.

Quick Reply: What are your monthly payments looking like if you bought from the dealer?