General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your old lady freak out when you tour solo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:43 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i told my wife last week. hey first week in june im going to do a solo ride to deals gap be back in 4 days and im going to camp along the way. she says im very concerned for your safty camping by yourself. my shocked response. you should be more worried about the 2000 miles on the rd with dumbs asses than little critters

Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Join a club. Then you wont be touring solo and she will have peace of mind.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:57 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

had three wives
lost women
never been without a bike

yep, it's my fault

Old 04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been through two wives. They're over rated. My motorcycle goes where I want to go and never gives me any problems.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:21 PM
hedgehorn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
My wife is just glad I'm gone.
Not a bad thing.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Mine is use to worrying about me because of my job as an OTR Truck Driver. She still worry's when I'm on the bike, but I've told her that it's what I love to do and if I should die doing it, she should be happy that I died doing something I've loved for most of my life.

Last year when I rode the Hoka Hey whe was a nervous wreck throughout the entire thing. when It was over I told I would never put her through that again. This year when she gave her OK to do it again, I asked her about what I had said last year about never doing it again.....She just smiled and said....."you never bitch about me and my wine, so go have a good time, I'll be fine".

I love it when **** like that happens.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I got a Spot tracker, and my wife could follow my trip on the computer. It sends a GPS signal every 10 minutes, and she would know that if I'm still moving, I'm still OK. She loved it.

She wanted to do some renovations last year, without telling me, so when my back tire hit the end of the driveway she had the house torn apart, and she followed my progress on the Spot map, and she could kind of tell that when I was about 3 days away on my return trip, she better start getting everything back together. So when I got home the place looked great. Freshly painted walls, and the kitchen re-done. lol

Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubby3492
Last year I got a Spot tracker, and my wife could follow my trip on the computer. It sends a GPS signal every 10 minutes, and she would know that if I'm still moving, I'm still OK. She loved it.

She wanted to do some renovations last year, without telling me, so when my back tire hit the end of the driveway she had the house torn apart, and she followed my progress on the Spot map, and she could kind of tell that when I was about 3 days away on my return trip, she better start getting everything back together. So when I got home the place looked great. Freshly painted walls, and the kitchen re-done. lol
How much do they charge for the service with one of those things?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IronAss
How much do they charge for the service with one of those things?

Prices are here. There were free service codes for the Messenger model floating around last year. I have the Connect which is too new for them to be doing any deep discounts. I couldn't find any freebie codes on the Messenger units either.

Mine will be very useful in Alaska this summer. I've been playing with it around town. I like the ability to write messages on the fly and the control via my Android phone and iPod.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Don't know,, never had to deal with anything like that.

Quick Reply: Does your old lady freak out when you tour solo?