General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your old lady freak out when you tour solo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My family doesn't normally give a second thought to my solo rides. But, my ~10,000 mile Alaska trip in June has them all on edge. I bought a Spot Connect satellite transponder to help alleviate their concerns. It will also let me provide online map tracking updates to my blog readers.

I suppose it's nice to have people concerned enough to worry about me, but I don't give crashing a second thought.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jwlehman
I'm sure you gotta beat the girls off with a mug like that

Just kidding...I think any spouse worries, but the reaction from the OP's spouse seems to have other issues. Hope it all works out for him!
Is it the glasses?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Saltwaterwop
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SgtSkiddz
I love the fact that everytime someone starts a post about wife issues on here someone always jumps in with "get rid of her"

If the worst of your worries in your marriage is a wife who worries too much about your well being, then I would say you've got it pretty good. You're still going on the trip, so I'm assuming either she hasn't told you you can't go, or that she has and you're going anyway. So either way she isn't controlling you.
Nicely said
There sure are a bunch of smart people up in here..

Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM
mrjimbo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Wife and kids like the Spot unit. I like to call and "tuck the kids in" if I'm gone for the night, and they love to tell me where I'm at. They care, guess that makes me a lucky Man.
Spot2 is what I've got, the unit KTM Scott has is a little more fancy, but both get the job done!
Have fun!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

My ole' lady is hoping for a Life insurance pay out... Meaning, she could give s**t!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM
adamsthephoneguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are they really worried you'll crash or that you might have fun without them?i don't know why people have to be possesive over one another.jmho. that is why i am divorced,thier was too much of that going on in both directions.so i guess i don't have an answer cause look where it got me.lol

Old 04-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

I finally got her to understand that it's just as easy to cash out 2 miles down the road as it is 2000 miles away.

For some reason people think that there is a different danger the further you get from home.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
kuylec71
Tourer

you could slip and fall in the shower, crack your head and be done for.. there is danger around every corner.. tell her to be cool.. and if fate wants your *** its gonna find it

Old 04-25-2011, 03:28 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not at all. I tell her to shut the he*l up and go make me a sandwich. If she doesn’t like it she knows where the door is. Well in my mind…

She gives me "my time." She knows im much more relaxed after working all week and I get out for a few hours on my own. Plus she has a tracking program on my phone she knows where im at…. Got caught with the girlfriend once… wasn’t pretty…

Old 04-25-2011, 03:40 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,160 Likes on 6,705 Posts

Hell, mine freaks out when I bring her with. Not sure if it's the riding in the rain, eating stuff you find on the side of the road, running from the cops, or pooping outside that bothers her.

Couldn't be the bar fights.......she usually wins those.

Last edited by RHPAW; 04-25-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Does your old lady freak out when you tour solo?