General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin customer service - AM I CRAZY?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011 | 09:33 PM
zjones
|
Cruiser
Default Corbin customer service - AM I CRAZY?!

I recently bought a used Corbin Classic Solo with a pillion from a private seller and the two were atttached with factory brackets, but the tab used for just mounting the seat solo was missing. Easy enough, right? When you buy something used, this can be expected. The seller could not find it, so I called Corbin to buy a replacement. The CS rep told me that they were prohibited from selling any of the mounting brackets for their seats because of LIABILITY issues and that my local dealer could order it for me, or I could ship it to them, pay for the bracket and return shipping, and I would be good to go. Well, I figured all of that shipping and the cost of the part could easily run over $50 - just for a stupid little rear mounting tab, so I opted to have my dealer order it the next time I was down there. I stood around at the parts counter while the guy was on hold with Corbin for over 45 minutes. He finally gave up and said he would try again layer, that he couldn't afford to sit on hold when other customers were waiting , which I understood.
I have emailed Corbin customer service twice in the past two weeks requesting that someone contact me about this, and have not gotten ANY reply from them.
Am I crazy to expect that a company who manufactures a premium product like Corbin would be able to supply replacement parts without such a hassle? I'm trying to BUY something from them!
Any suggestions for who to contact there to get the stupid bracket?!?!?