General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holding Sponsors Accountable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 11:43 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Don't none of this really matter to me. I was just curious what the paid memberships are for if not to help keep the site up and running.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:47 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
So what are those such as yourself that have a paid membership here actually paying for if not to help keep the site up? Just curious.
absolutely right!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:49 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Bashing is one thing, an honest post discussing negative feedback with a company is another.
absolutely right.....yep

Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

don't bash, just tell the story straight.

if you were wronged by a vendor, sponsor or not, that's information that needs to be shared, lest another member falls victim to the same ****.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Fnortner
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think telling us what happened from your point of view should not be considered bashing. That's how I hope it works. Just tell what happened without any emotional baggage, just the facts. If that goes too far then something is screwy as no vendor should be above reproach. However Terry may disagree, do not sure what to tell you. You could make it hypothetical and leave the sponsor's name out at first. Man, I'm not sure what I'd do.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Ridin'withTheKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just recently posted a very negative thread on a sponsoring vendor, only to have it deleted within the day. I then posted a thread about censorship, and got a polite response from Terry. I have since decided that I probably won't solicite ANY business from vendors on this site without doing excessive research elsewhere. And I certainly won't be using, or referring new customers to, the vendor I used (from this site) again. I originally thought this would be an open forum, subject to freedom of speech. But seeing as how it isn't a public domain site, and is after all a "paid" private one, censorship is the owners perogative. It's unfortunate that people that really want to use this site for honest information, are not always going to get it.
As I told Terry, I still like this site, and will continue to use it... But not for vendor business.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

If more viewers here would be paying members instead of moochers, the site might not have to rely on sponsers so much!!!! They do have bills to pay here.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Most issues are a matter of misscommunication. If you get the wrong part ya need to contact the vendor and talk through the issue. If a part breaks read the sales and return agreement. They are there for a reason. If ya don't agree with the terms of sale, don't buy from them in the first place.
I don't think there are many people out there who set up a business to intentionally provide lousy service.
Going on the internet and bad mouthing someone because of an issue that ya didn't give them an opportunity to fix, just ain't right.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Several of you need to read the rules before posting in ANY forum on HDF. If you have a problem with a Vendor/Sponsor then you need to contact ME, not a Moderator or the ****ing President...........ME! It's stated in the rules. 99% of the problems reported about vendors ended up not being their fault or it was a simple mistake.

If you were paying a ton of money to advertise on CBS and and all David Letterman did was bash you everytime one of your commercials came on would you still want to pay a ton of money to continue to advertise.

I'm locking this thread now and if this topic comes up again without contacting me first then I'm going to start banning the person/people who continue to whine in the open forum.

This is not a freedom of speach issue. This is a privately owned forum and we set the rules. If you can't handle rules then go find another forum that has no rules so you can play all you want. This one might not be for you.

Terry
HDF Admin