General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easter Sunday ride.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:51 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easter Sunday ride.....

I just got back from a nice little 40+ mile ride on the Fat Boy with my wife, and I discovered a few things along the way.....

#1 - This bike needs a better seat, gotta start looking for something with a lot more comfort than stock....
#2 - I'm definitely getting a set of Vance & Hines Longshots, not only to put the sound behind my rider, but to also put the rear pipe below the passenger peg, then once I do that I'll get a set of passenger foot boards for her.
#3 - It's days like these I'm thankful for having a windshield, if I didn't I'd be til midnight flushing insects out of my teeth....
#4 - I noticed I'm a much more careful rider when my wife is sitting behind me....

Easter Sunday is a great day to go riding, we got lucky with a bright sunny day, very warm temps, no thunderstorms on the radar, and hardly anyone else on the roads, I passed more bikes than cars. At the end of our ride we stopped at a local custard stand for a caramel sundae, and there were two other couples on bikes who did the same.......Happy Easter...!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Grummpy Bear
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to here you and the better half got some good weather to ride in today, all we had was cloudy gloomy damp and drizzly, but atleast it wasn't snow, better days are coming for us northerners. Peace