General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

almost taken out by two lawence TWP cops today

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be great to have a camera on board that continuosly recorded and saved the last 20 min or so of your ride. It would be a great day in court pulling out the tape as proof positive as to who is at fault.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
adamsthephoneguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

police have the right of way,you should have known that.lol just kidding,glad you kept it rubber side down.they must have needed to get somewhere.everyone makes a bone headed manuver now and then.it must not have been your time to go.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stokes
Put on your high beams when riding during daylight hours.I started doing it many years ago and havent had a cage make a left coming at me since.40 yrs riding in NYC,the rude driving capital of the world,in my experience.It really increases your visibility to others.It helps to kind of do a little side to side as you approach intersections.The extra movement makes you more visible.
This works as long as you have the coppers on your side. I got pulled over and ticketed for failing to dim my high beams when approaching an on-coming vehicle in broad daylight, and for driving erratically, "with undue care and attention", while swerving back and forth when approaching an intersection. Mind you, this was while driving my double-trailer 30-wheeled rig. Wonder why the copper ticketed me when so many bikers do that same manoeuver? I just wanted to make myself more visible by shining my high beams into on-coming traffic and to further confuse them with my 'weaving' tactic to further intimidate the opposing traffic.
Hmmm........guess the copper was not amused.