General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

almost taken out by two lawence TWP cops today

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:40 AM
tumorhuntr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you're safe. did he at least apologize, hand wave, anything???............

Old 04-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just because they are cops, that don't mean they know how to drive. Glad you're ok.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Dave2261
Cruiser

You should have ran up to him yelling, "Citizens arrest, citizens arrest!" in your best Gomer voice.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelangrich
son of guns turn left in front of me within 2 car lengths as we passed each other & then cut back; had to lock her down.(two cruisers following each other) Thank god he cut back, should have seen his eyes they were big as saucers, my ******* was puckered. no lights or turn signals. you expect this from regular cages, but cops. go figure.
Well that was my first left to center encounter, just didn't think it would be the law that did it. goes to show what you guys have been talking about (trust no one).
Glad I get to ride another day !!!!!!!
I'm confused.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CJinNH
Words of advice- Don't post this here- every other a-hole will tell you you should have known- car vs. bike you never win- they've been riding 35 years and this never happens to them -tell you your grammar was incorrect or was too hard to follow- blah blah blah.

People suck.
Ever thought about moving to Florida? There's another transplant down there that hates everybody you don't. The two of you combined could hate the world

By the way CJinNH...glad your after work ride turned out ok for you. Hope the weather has warmed enough for you to get in some ride time.Be safe!!

Last edited by dyna105; 04-24-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by dyna105
Ever thought about moving to Florida? There's another transplant down there that hates everybody you don't. The two of you combined could hate the world
David Allan Coe?

Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a local pull a quick u in front of me to chase down a speeder two weeks ago. I was on a four lane paint striped hwy. The bad thing is that I seen him coming towards us and her coming up behind me in my mirror at what had to be above posted speed limit. Said to myself as it developed----self this is going to get interesting. Sure enough he flips his u-- ends up in front of me while I am braking with both brakes which I had already covered. Waits till he gets behind them to light them up. Seemed like a lot of bs for a speeding ticket---but revenue is revenue. Hope he shoots better then he drives.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:25 PM
justanotherjim
Road Master

Location: kingman AZ. We aren't in hell, but you can see it from here!!!
Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts

Cops are the worst drivers in the world! Told to me by my freind, a retired cop!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:35 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by justanotherjim
Cops are the worst drivers in the world! Told to me by my freind, a retired cop!
Yep. I came up beside a cop who was texting while driving, just like a 16 yr.old girl.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 PM
stokes
Cruiser

Put on your high beams when riding during daylight hours.I started doing it many years ago and havent had a cage make a left coming at me since.40 yrs riding in NYC,the rude driving capital of the world,in my experience.It really increases your visibility to others.It helps to kind of do a little side to side as you approach intersections.The extra movement makes you more visible.

Quick Reply: almost taken out by two lawence TWP cops today