General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First run in with road raging bigoted cager

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 02:28 AM
CJinNH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EDIT- Wasted my time responding. I now know I don't need any feedback from anyone here.

Last edited by CJinNH; 04-24-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:39 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

There are a lot of people in a very big hurry today and they think the world revolves around them.So learn to deal with it.Confrontation never solved anything.Better luck in the future,these experiences only help to make you a better biker.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the way I read it. When you went wide on your turn then back into the right lane, you probably cut him off. I would be pissed too. Your fault, not his. He thought you were committing to one lane, then you took the other. You are lucky he didn't run right over you.

Shakey

Old 04-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been out there on two wheels for 37 years and I can attest for a fact that in a Car Vs Motorcycle situation, The motorcycle is going to loose 100% of the time. Just dust the dude and get away from him and never follow anybody into their destination. You never know when some crazy ***** is packing and just looking for an opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory. In the future learn to get over it and enjoy your ride.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:58 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJinNH

I called the cops, biggest puss move as far as I'm concerned.
Yep. Do you carry pepper spray and rape whistle too?
Steelership? if that is how you feel why go there?
Do you think the way you handle traffic situations you'll be riding long?
Do you think the way you handle roadrage situation you'll be riding long?
Do you really think riding is for you?

Just a few questions to answer yourself. I don't really give a ****.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:00 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I have been out there on two wheels for 37 years and I can attest for a fact that in a Car Vs Motorcycle situation, The motorcycle is going to loose 100% of the time. Just dust the dude and get away from him and never follow anybody into their destination. You never know when some crazy ***** is packing and just looking for an opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory. In the future learn to get over it and enjoy your ride.
Very good advice. I have had confrontations lead to bigger confrontations, and in the end it didn't solve a thing. It made me feel better, but it also made all riders look like jackasses. As I mature I see it for what it is. Ride safe, and stay away from the crazies.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:07 AM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you were going to beatup an old guy . just be luck the guy didnt either maize you and hit you with the car.my moto "live to see another day". rather be pissed of than pissed on

Old 04-24-2011, 08:50 AM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

My take is yea... the old guy in the car was driving like an idiot and yes, he put you at risk for nothing more than being in a hurry.. I'm not gonna say your wrong doing what you did, or for being seriously pissed... I would have been too.. the thing is.. I learned the hard way that.. you just can't sweat the small stuff.. like other people said.. it could have been worse.. but it wasn't since he missed you.. Should have, would have, might have... Had he clipped you, it would be a different story but in your case, as messed up as it was, you ended up ok, so flip him off or whatever... then ride on and enjoy the rest of the day.. I know from experience that it's possible for a situation to come along where all bets are off, and you do what you need to do to survive.. personally.. I don't see this as one of those times.. just my two cents..

Cheers
mavrick

Last edited by mavrickFLHR; 04-24-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikekoz13
A little advice..... I've been riding off and on for 38 years. I've learned that there is absolutely one thing that is true when you ride a Bike.

If you're going to ride, enjoy it, and stay alive....... you have to let dumb asses be dumb asses and just move on. Don't let a dumb *** ruin your ride or your life.
+1 what he said....I would have turned left...you are never going to win with dumb asses

Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

---------------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: First run in with road raging bigoted cager