General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First run in with road raging bigoted cager

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Junior in NE
Road Master
Received 700 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikekoz13
A little advice..... I've been riding off and on for 38 years. I've learned that there is absolutely one thing that is true when you ride a Bike.

If you're going to ride, enjoy it, and stay alive....... you have to let dumb asses be dumb asses and just move on. Don't let a dumb *** ruin your ride or your life.
+1 on that!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:51 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a motorcycle road rage with a car you will always lose. There's lots of bad drivers out there - you should have let him pass on the first right turn.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

it's about 58 degrees and sunny
If it was 58 on Friday, you weren't in NH. Maybe that was your problem.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Excellent translation. Ride safe.

Originally Posted by wrestleantares
  • Motorcyclist is overly cautious at light for right turn.
  • Car behind hustles him by horn
  • Motorcyclist takes two lanes to turn right
  • Car guy thinks motorcyclist is turning into left lane and tries to get by on right.
  • Motrocyclist guns it to get in front of car guy in the right lane
  • Car guy gets pissed thinks he was cut off
  • Motorcyclist thinks he'll be a smart *** and goes real slow at next light
  • Car guy passes him on right
  • Stupidity on both parts ensues - ending with motorcyclist chasing car guy when he sees it's an "old man" and then being scared when the "old man" in the car confronts him
  • Motorcyclist comes on here and acts like he was a bad ***.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:22 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Happens all the time. Stay as far away from cagers as possible. Road rage will get you killed. I'm glad I somewhat have my temper in check.....

Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

just my .02¢

Motorcycles are hard as hell to catch..........But they are easy as fock to kill.

Just sayin.......

Last edited by xFreebirdx; 04-23-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 04-23-2011, 11:34 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

If you follow someone into a parking lot in Texas following that kind of incident chances are that you will be staring into the barrel of a sidearm when you confront the person that you followed. Not saying that is good or bad, just sayin'.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:04 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mal74
A little punctuation and spacing would make your post a lot easier to read. Not trying to be critical, just realistic.
Thanks for pointing that out, pric#. You a-holes that love pointing out spelling/grammar errors are insecure and scum. Like I always say, "If playing spelling police is all you've got to make you feel better, then keep it up."

Old 04-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Lunch Meat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
OP--You were driving like an @sshat, endangering and antagonizing others. Then, when you saw it was only an 80-year-old man trying to get past, you thought it would be safe to finally speed up and follow him and try to be a bad@ss. You then got scared when the old man stopped and approached you. So you went home w/ your tail between your legs, and called the police.

Wow! Some story.
LMAO!
Kinda what I was thinking

Old 04-24-2011, 01:42 AM
qwest
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ridden about 80,000 miles total. I don't really get upset at crap I go through on the road anymore.

I used to get right worked up about getting cut off or people getting too close to me. Sometimes I would yell. And it would take me some time to calm down.

I think because of the much greater risk we face on a motorcycle compared to a cage, we tend to get spooked and take it personally when another driver does something stupid or aggressive.

As I gained more experience, I became better at anticipating and therefore avoiding most bad things. The frequency of finding myself in situations where my blood pressure goes through the roof is lower than it was during my first few years of riding.

You can't stop stupid, though. Things still happen that make me shake my head. Sometimes I need to put on a clean pair of drawers. But I get over it an back to the business of enjoying my ride almost right away.

Getting angry or getting even or dwelling on something for too long will take your focus off keeping yourself safe. Or out of jail. Let your adrenaline die down. Put some distance between you and the other guy. And go back to having fun.

Quick Reply: First run in with road raging bigoted cager