General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First run in with road raging bigoted cager

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Old 04-25-2011, 04:11 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must have missed some very integral posts on this thread. When I read the first post, the OP was behind some dude on a motorcycle. Then as I was drawn further into the thread, the OP was the guy on the bike, being a jerk. Did I miss something here? WTF is going on? I know I'm one of the "old guys" here, but I didn't think I was losing my cognitive skills. Now I have to go back and read the whole thing over again...unless someone comes up with a good explanation as to why I'm so danged confused.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
I must have missed some very integral posts on this thread. When I read the first post, the OP was behind some dude on a motorcycle. Then as I was drawn further into the thread, the OP was the guy on the bike, being a jerk. Did I miss something here? WTF is going on? I know I'm one of the "old guys" here, but I didn't think I was losing my cognitive skills. Now I have to go back and read the whole thing over again...unless someone comes up with a good explanation as to why I'm so danged confused.
It's a long story, and kinda complicated.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,927 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by CJinNH
No I'm not totally blameless, I agree.

One thing you wrote I'd like to correct, I did not realize the guy was being ultra aggressive until I was at the second light. Had I known I would have let him pass, one of my mistakes was not picking up on this and just letting the guy go by. It happened rather quickly, I know better now.

**** happens, and I wrote down (poorly) my version. I know now to keep everything to myself. I learn quickly, as I learned from the whole experience with the aggressive driver. I learn something everyday. Like I learned about what not to post and when to man up and apologize.

I won't make this mistake again here. Plus this crap is useless anyway, I realize this now.
Be quiet, or else others may think you're a fool; or edit, then re-edit your post and remove all doubt. As the great philosopher Bugs Bunny said; "What a ma-roooon!"

Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 PM
lfmn16
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdobb
You're right, CJ-thrashing that ***** isn't worth losing ANY motorcycle, let alone your Fatboy. I've had so many incidents with cycle-haters over the years that I've lost track of them. It seems the older folks are the worst (like I'm some kid at 56!). Wait until you're trying to pass a slowpoke on a two-lane country road, only to have them refuse to allow you to pass by gunning it on EVERY straight stretch. I was surprised by my self-control on the last incident...just pulled way back and enjoyed the scenery at a snail's pace for 1/2 hour through some Montana back roads-I didn't die because of a insignificant bottom-feeder, and I tamed road rage enough that nobody went to the hospital or to jail. Gotta' admit it wasn't easy to let it go.
I had some ***-hole tailgating me so I pulled over before I gave him the finger. I was hoping he'd stop so we could "talk" but he kept on going. Most of these types are big men in their cars and little girls out of their cars.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:26 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CJinNH
So today I was driving my daughter to lunch, we are in a hurry because...heck I'm hungry. I get to a red light with a motorcycle in front of me (you know, one of those friggin a-holes that drives a Harley and is probably into drugs and causing trouble for normal god fearing people).

"It's right on red idiot!" I think to myself...you can make the turn, I don't' care if cars are coming! So I beep at him real quick, but he doesn't seem to notice...friggin jerk.

Then he decides to go, but he took the turn a bit wide so I decide to try and jump in front of him...shoot his bike accelerates faster than my Taurus and I never even get within a car length before he's back in my lane before the next light. I beep at him again, this time I get his attention!

While sitting at the next red light he turns to say something, but I'm out of view over his shoulder...if he could only see how hungry I am!

I beep at him to let him know I mean business...the light turns green and you know what? He doesn't' take right off...he sits there for nearly 3 seconds while the car in front of him gets almost 50 feet ahead of us!

That's all I can take, I mean come on- this is almost like the guy saying he's going to rape my mother! So I gun it, and blow right through him, there's traffic going with us on our left, if I can get on his right I can probably bump him into the other cars and make sure he doesn't' pull that "wait 3 seconds before going BS!".

What the hell? I swear I was going to hit him? How did I miss him? I mean my mirror should have at least clipped his handlebar as I flew by...there shouldn't have been enough room for him, come on there's only two lanes then a granite curb??? Why didn't' he get squeezed into the other cars? Whatever...

Oh so now he's mad at me? I'm hungry jerk, forget about it, it's over...I didn't kill you- not for lack of trying! At least the restaurant is a few hundred yards ahead and I can get that all important roast beef sandwich.

Oh great he turned in to the parking lot...how dare you question what I was doing? DO you know you hesitated? Do you know I'm hungry? Stupid scum bag motorcycle rider, everyone should run one over so that there is no more evil in the world.

Mmmm where's my sandwich?

He should rant about it online...maybe he'll get what's coming to him.
you went and found the guy's post on "old men who bitch out little punks who can't ride harleys forums"?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I'm just trying to figure out the "bigoted" part.
Mindreader...I was going to post the same thing when I saw you beat me to it. Maybe as the car was cutting him off, the driver also yelled an ethnic joke out the window?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
Maybe as the car was cutting him off, the driver also yelled an ethnic joke out the window?
Maybe he yelled "poser" ....