General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart stands behind their product!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM
razorsedge
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rinehart stands behind their product!

Long story short.... I purchased a 2008 Ultra Classic and for upgrades, I ordered a power pak system from Cycle Solutions which included Rinehart True Duals, ThunderMax AutoTune and Arlen Ness Super Sucker. Most of the products from my purchase were drop shipped which is fine with me except I had and issue with the Rineharts. On the rear heat shield there was a small dent, not big and ugly but noticable. I contacted Clearline which is their distributor but they never followed up on my call so I contacted Rinehart directly. They were very responsive, apoligized for the shortfall and promptly sent out a replacement heat shield which arrived in less than 3 days, THAT is what I call customer serivce! So I just want to say thanks and give props tp Rinehart for taking care of the customer. I have since changed the cams, exhaust, intake and misc other items and the bike runs great! I simply want to thank Rinehart for making it right! They didn't make me jump through hoops or answer 20 questions about my abilities, they simply sent a replacment part which more than satisfied my desires. Job well done! KUDOS to Rinehart!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:08 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Small actions of good faith makes for a lifetime of return customers.

Mark

Old 04-20-2011, 11:11 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Rinehart is a great company to do business with. Straight up people all the way.

Drew

Old 04-21-2011, 07:44 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not so fast...
First, I love Rinehart pipes....
I have a set of Cross-Backs which I absolutely LOVE, but the new and improved end caps that "won't" turn purple like the old Rineharts, are turning purple. I was told that Rinehart will stand behind the caps when I bought the pipes because everyone who knows Rinehart, knows about the end caps problem.

Well, after getting sick of looking at the bottom cap turn, and now the top cap change to pink, I called Rinehart over the winter. The nice Lady at Rinehart told me sorry, nothing we can do about it because your pipes weren't made by us, they were made by BUB, they are over a year old and we won't warranty them..
What? We're talking about a set of relatively cheap end caps.
I thought they said Rinehart all over them.. The pipes have less than 1,000 miles on them.

Ok, no problem, I understand the fine print and how it works.
I just thought it was very petty to not exchange them. I'm really disappointed because I still feel they are the best looking, best sounding pipes on the market. But that crap is just stupid...
By mid summer, they'll both be totally pink and I'll just buy a set I guess..

Last edited by George C; 04-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
black dyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my rinehart slipon caps turned purple on my 2007 dyna they said how old are they i said over a year they said you are over warrenty.mine are very purple and i have seen people looking at them when they check out my bike,they are the only eye sore on my bike.i live on the space coast of florida and they are seen every day of the year.if rinehart reads this and would like to send me chrome tips pm me but i am not paying 200 for them

Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

The BS part of this story is that "old" Rinehart producer (BUB) has always replaced the end caps because they knew their old anodizing formula doesn't hold up. The Cross Backs were suppose to have the new and improved version that would never change color.
Well, not only doesnt it hold the color, but now that Rinehart is producing on their own for the first time, they're hiding behind the BUB produced thing, like their contract with BUB is my problem..

Last I knew, my BUB made Rineharts said Rinehart in three places..

Last edited by George C; 04-22-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 AM
twofish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/..._Solo_Seat.jpg
Rinehart’s replaced my end cap when it tuned purple, no problem.
I think because it occurred through my HD Dealership that I got the new one.
Anyway I sold the Rinehart’s and switched to Cycle Shack Slip Ons.
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSCN0339.jpg

Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess Harley should replace my pipes on my Street Glide every time they turn yellow. You know, that gap right next to the right floor board that they make an after market heat shield to cover it. I don't mind my end caps turning purple. It just shows that I have a seasoned bike, which gets ridden.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by garand
I guess Harley should replace my pipes on my Street Glide every time they turn yellow. You know, that gap right next to the right floor board that they make an after market heat shield to cover it. I don't mind my end caps turning purple. It just shows that I have a seasoned bike, which gets ridden.
Fair enough.
I'm pissed, but there is no way I'd consider another pipe. I love em'...
Having said that, I just wanted to give the flip-side version to the thread's title.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:38 PM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well my Rinehart story is not so great.
True Duals on my 2005 Road King. The back pipe had a spiral crack from the engine flange to the first mount point, big crack! Rinehart said my 18 month warranty had run out and sold me a complete rear header replacement kit for $240. The kit arrived and it was a complete re-engineer of the back header pipe, material now steel instead of SS, new mid point mounting system and new heat shield. Make you think that the original had a major design flaw. I was not real happy to have to pay for this re-design, I think it should have been FREE!
I still love the sound of the pipes but no kudos to Rinehart from me.