General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Think" when your parking you bike.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,019 Likes on 17,916 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i would just pick my bike up over myhead, walk it out of the clutter and set it back down... no harm no foul
Is that a light weight or the regular frame Schwinn ?

Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
No, I didnt key this idiots tank. Love to???? YEP!!! But wouldnt do something behind someones back. I do like the 'bust his lip' idea though.

Of course, it wasn't the bike's fault...

Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Billsflstfb
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man Im glad I read this thead! I been biking for a few years but have not done any organized rides or haven't incountered parking with large groups before. I will be doing it soon though and will make sure I leave room. Don't need some tough guy beating my head in or wreaking my bike. I think every new biker should read a little forum.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Woweh
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cbigbie191
Exactly, I never ride in groups, because of this stupid s&^% happening. Sorry about your bike.

I'm with you guys on that point. I mostly avoid group riding, it always get's somewhat crazy and I don"t enjoy my ride..

Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 PM
delane
Tourer

Originally Posted by schumacher
didn't we just have this thread?
I was thinking that. Happened at a guys office? Same story, different day.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:07 PM
hondaherb
Road Captain

Back in '82 I bougth a new bike, traveled to a nearby town checking out some things I needed to buy. I parked at the back of the lot all by myself. When I came out, a fairly new car was parked next to my bike. As I got on my bike, I couldn't even swing my leg over the bike without hitting his car.....so how did he get out of his car without hitting my bike. I was so mad I walked all around his car with my key, got on my bike and left. I know It wasn't right to key the car, but I was so mad I couldn't help myself.. Would I do it again after all these years, probably so if the car was that close.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:16 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years back, I recall reading in a biker mag about a guy that worked at a hospital as an orderly. One day he came out and found a big dent in his gas tank. No note. Nothing.

He asked around and later found out that one of the doctors actually sat on his bike making "varrooom varoom" noises.. and he (the doctor) let the weight get away from him and the bike fell over.

There was a mild confrontation (the doctor could fire him from his job), and in the end the doctor's insurance picked up the tab for the repairs.

So there is no end to the frigging idiots out there. Seriously, I've been thinking of getting "If you touch this bike, I will hunt you down and kill you" painted on the tank.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:20 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,019 Likes on 17,916 Posts

Till you have walked out on big run and found some twizzle dick sitting on your bike actually bouncing on the seat jerking the handle bars around going VROOOM VROOOM then the idiot says "what's your problem ? " when you tell them to get the f*ck off your bike after he just sat there looking at you when you asked " What are you doing on my bike ? "

No one in here can say exactly how they will react . I can the above happened , I tried nicely then not so nicely then knocked his dizzy off it . Come back and tell us how it goes when it does happen , you'll be surprised at your reactions to stupid .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 04-22-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

I would've pulled a total keyboard commando and kicked his bike over, then went into the bar and beat the snot out of the guy.

But in reality I'm sure I would've either moved the mirror, or gone back in to ask the person to move their bike around. Who knows, it was a Sporty, so maybe a hot chick was riding it and it would be a great way to start a conversation!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:40 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Most people here will be horrified and aghast (yes, aghast!), but in such a situation in the 70s, we wouldn't key the tank...you'd **** all over the guy's engine. No permanent damage, but message received...for quite a while. Crude but effective.

Quick Reply: "Think" when your parking you bike.