General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Think" when your parking you bike.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 AM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure I'd be as reserved as you... I thank you for your fine judgement...

Old 04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

This is why I try to park at the farthest spot away from the front door. It doesn't seem to matter where you go there is always someone who is lazy enough to shoe-horn into a parking spot in order to avoid walking a little further to the door.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

I would have relieved him of both his mirrors.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:03 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people are just clueless. If I back into a space and realize the guy to my left won't be able to upright his bike I either have to move over some OR go find another space. And Ron White is right "You can't fix stupid".

I remember being totally boxed in one time in Myrtle beach. At the Hotel we stayed at, Parking was tight. They took the few car spaces they had and marked out lines on an angle so you could fit 5 or so bikes to a space. I know having NJ or NY tags on your bike means you ain't the most popular guy in the hotel, "I get that". I come out to grab some stuff out of my bags and there's this silver FXD pulled straight down the center blocking in ALL 4 of the bikes in our group. So I see a group of about 6 guys by the street drinking. I ask them, "Does anyone know who owns that silver Dyna with a SC tag"?? One guy says "NOPE, SUUUUUUUUURRRRRE DON'T". Then he turns to the other guys and starts laughing with that Roscoe P Coltrane laugh. So I figured There's a joke there somwhere that I just ain't gettin'. About an hour later I come back down and see that same guy pulling out on that same silver Dyna. That really makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited by BikerV; 04-20-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:07 AM
sr_smyth
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess you could have pissed all over the Sporty and marked your territory :-)

Old 04-20-2011, 11:26 AM
cotnballs
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have moved the Sporty or parts of the it to get my bike out, no courteous would have been given to the bike. He showed no respect for other peoples property so none should be given to his/hers. Its no different then someone parking too close to your cage, they are too lazy to back up and park right or they just don't have enough respect for others (that's whats wrong with society, no f-ing manners). I carry a valve steam remover for a purpose, its a great way to cause major inconvenience to Aholes /oblivits!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:44 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

didn't we just have this thread?

Old 04-20-2011, 11:45 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I kind of like the idea of the valve stem remover. I've got one in my tool kit, just never thought about actually using it for that purpose. You can always learn something here, can't ya.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:11 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

See it a lot on group rides, people want to park right on top of you. I've had to tell many people to move their bike back a little and you'd think you just told them you want to kill their dog!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:34 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,165 Likes on 6,705 Posts

Been riding over 30 years......I don't recall this being an issue until just in the last couple years. That has happened to us 3 times recently. Might not be a bad idea to include this little tidbit in the MSF classes.

Quick Reply: "Think" when your parking you bike.