General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportbikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:48 AM
pro1955
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportbikes

I ride both and most everyone waves, and cowboy Harry your statement proves you are the real dumbazz.[8D]
ORIGINAL: cowboy Harry

Well first off I dont waste my time waving at everybody, no matter what bike you ride.

And yes, I detest the so called "sport bikes". They sux. This is a HD forum. So take your az back to the jap crap forum.[8D]

Old 10-23-2006, 02:53 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,860 Likes on 807 Posts

I wave to anyone on 2 wheels. It makes no difference what brand. Most wave back, but I've gotten ignored by sport bike riders, metric cruiser riders and even other Harley riders, so it's not any specific brand. Just some of the people that ride them.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

As you can tell by my username, I used to ride a sportbike. I have found that both groups are more inclined to wave when they're outside of the city. Just cruising around town, not so much. However, I have also found that if I wave first, most wave back. If they don't, I just figure my "waver" mechanism is disabled at the moment and ride on. :-)

Cowboy....WTF? A little cross education and understanding can only help to improve relations and thus, increase the strength of the lobby in future years.

I respect that he came on here, took the time to sign up, then openly post that he does in fact ride a sportbike rather than being a troll and pretending just to fish out the information. Hopefully, he'll take back the information and our not-so-hateful attitudes to his favorite forum and let them know not all harley riders are what they might think.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:34 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Area has alot to do with it. You may be surprised that in NY everybody waives. No matter what bikes they ride. So much so that I feel bad if I miss a waive when I am turning or didn't see them soon enough etc.

It may be because there is so much traffic that we feel more "united" against the cagers.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:38 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave to everybody, including cops on bikes. I would say about 80 percent wave back. I don't take it personal, its no big deal. There are times when I am picking my nose or something and I don't wave back.

Rick

Old 10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got caught up in this as a returning rider. Look, this is reality. Some riders; don't see you, have their hands full at the moment, are new riders and won't take their hands off the bars, mentally preocupied, having a bad hair day, looking in their rear views, on the other side of the freekin median on the freeway...the list goes on and on. Why do we constantly bring this up? Why when 1 or 2 folks don't wave back or wave to you, do we get offended? .02 Dave

Old 10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mechanic

I got caught up in this as a returning rider. Look, this is reality. Some riders; don't see you, have their hands full at the moment, are new riders and won't take their hands off the bars, mentally preocupied, having a bad hair day, looking in their rear views, on the other side of the freekin median on the freeway...the list goes on and on. Why do we constantly bring this up? Why when 1 or 2 folks don't wave back or wave to you, do we get offended? .02 Dave
I wish I would've thought like you a while back. When the guy on the Suzuki Eliminator 125 didn't wave to me, I immediately went home and beat the $hit out of my wife and kid.
I really have to stop taking this stuff so personally!

Todd

Old 10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

It's not the bike I'm waving at it's the rider.To me it's just another bike on the road,untill one passes me on the right on a two lane hiway.