General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportbikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 03:41 AM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sportbikes

Wave at all. Rarely look to see if waved back. Isn't my problem. And have no issues with sportbikes .

Old 10-22-2006, 05:02 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: cowboy Harry

Well first off I dont waste my time waving at everybody, no matter what bike you ride.

And yes, I detest the so called "sport bikes". They sux. This is a HD forum. So take your az back to the jap crap forum.[8D]
Easy there, tiger!

Old 10-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: sfarson

Wave at all. Rarely look to see if waved back. Isn't my problem. And have no issues with sportbikes .

That's sharp! That is my dream bike there. Well actually it's a 916 or 998 (I love the single sided swingarm!) One day it will be parked next to my Harley. Oh yes, it will be mine!

Old 10-22-2006, 05:32 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell..I'll wave at a guy on a scooter if I see him. As long as you have 2 wheels, you're cool with me.
To those people who can't wave...you're a real rebel maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn. You showed us. Too cool for the room I guess. C'mon...is it really that difficult to wave to someone...if you're in a situation that allows you to?
To me, when I first started riding 8 years ago, I thought it was so cool that everyone on bikes waved to me. It really made me feel like I was a part of something.
When I'm riding now, I'll always wave to a guy on a harley. With the sport bikes..lets just say I'm always ready to give somebody a wave...but I wait to see if they will. The only reason I wait is because I've thrown a wave to way too many sport bikers and not gotten a wave back. So now, if they wanna shoot me a wave, they'll get one right back.

Todd

Old 10-22-2006, 06:09 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: worldpower

Do you guys like us sportbike riders? seems like when I waive to them they wont wave back! is it just me or is this because of the bike being rode?

I wave to everybody and one thing I've noticed is that sportbike riders usually wave back. It's the guys on metric cruisers, Goldwings and BMW's that usually don't. Seem to be mostly weekend warrior types that don't get out much.

I don't have a problem in the world with sportbike riders as long as they don't have a problem with me and keep their front tire on the ground where it belongs.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

I won't try to wave if I am twisting thru a corner, nor when I am navigating the heavy traffic situations. I will nod if I can. But I wave most any other times.

...unless it's Terry riding his "wife's" scooter home.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:41 PM
DGAKLE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cowboy,you've got some issues.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:42 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

A bike is a bike or I should say motorcycle.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
ZJAvy
Road Captain

You sir are an idiot.

ORIGINAL: cowboy Harry

Well first off I dont waste my time waving at everybody, no matter what bike you ride.

And yes, I detest the so called "sport bikes". They sux. This is a HD forum. So take your az back to the jap crap forum.[8D]

Old 10-23-2006, 12:12 AM
JCPsr
Advanced

I wave if the situation allows, sometimes a head nod if my hands are busy. In my experience 80% wave or wave back.

But I have noticed that virtually no BMW riders wave.

I always wave to a kid watching from the sidewalk, reminds me of when all I could do is look and wait till I was old enough.

Quick Reply: Sportbikes