General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportbikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Sportbikes

I wave at all bikes, mopeds and scooters. I've owned more metrics than I have Harleys and I've had 5 Harleys. However, there is a poser group in the Harley family that thinks anything other than a Harley is beneath them. Of course, there's a bunch in the metric crowd that feels the same way. I don't let it bother me.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: worldpower

Do you guys like us sportbike riders? seems like when I waive to them they wont wave back! is it just me or is this because of the bike being rode?
Funny you asked that. I wave to all riders on all makes. I have never had a sportbike rider wave back. I guess you and I have never crossed paths!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:39 PM
brauny1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with 07, I've yet to get a wave from a sportsbiker, and I wave 75% of the time (when it permits). I've even coaxed a few waves from the Scooters, they think I know them, most just bought 'em. Love to follow 'em to a light and kick in a lively conversation, hehe.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:45 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I wave to all riders. In fact, I RIDE with all riders. We have a regular group that is Harley's, Honda's, Stars and BMW's. We were out last week with a group of Harley's that rode later in the day with a group of BMW's and I believe Metrics.

I think riders are a different group. Many cross polinate. No reason to hate..

Old 10-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,442 Likes on 4,357 Posts

Promote hybrid vigor, interbreed, go forth and multiply.

I wave at all of em. Talk to em at the ice cream stand. Waved at a little weeny 50cc moped the other day... think it totally made their day!!!

(btw: Damn nice bike Heritage07. I keep staring at that classic setup.)

Old 10-21-2006, 11:21 PM
DGAKLE
Intermediate

I've had a Harley for the past 15 yrs. I just sold my 00 cbr929rr in March after returning from Iraq. The kid was over there with me. He had it 3 days before wrecking it. There alot of fun. A totaly different ride. People who bad mouth either type of bike I feel are just being narrow minded. If you have a sport bike you need to have a good heathly fear.
Too many young people think there indestructable. Thats why theres alot of totalled sport bikes on ebay.

07 FLSTF
87 FXSTC
06 883C (wifes)

Old 10-21-2006, 11:23 PM
DGAKLE
Intermediate

I've had a Harley for the past 15 yrs. I just sold my 00 cbr929rr in March after returning from Iraq. The kid was over there with me. He had it 3 days before wrecking it. There alot of fun. A totaly different ride. People who bad mouth either type of bike I feel are just being narrow minded. If you have a sport bike you need to have a good heathly fear.
Too many young people think there indestructable. Thats why theres alot of totalled sport bikes on ebay.

07 FLSTF
87 FXSTC
06 883C (wifes)

Old 10-21-2006, 11:30 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first off I dont waste my time waving at everybody, no matter what bike you ride.

And yes, I detest the so called "sport bikes". They sux. This is a HD forum. So take your az back to the jap crap forum.[8D]

Old 10-22-2006, 12:50 AM
worldpower
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cowboy Harry

Well first off I dont waste my time waving at everybody, no matter what bike you ride.

And yes, I detest the so called "sport bikes". They sux. This is a HD forum. So take your az back to the jap crap forum.[8D]
dude...calm down im just having a respectful discussion on bikes, after all this is the "general discussion" section,im not here just to ask a question, im here to learn a little about the Harley bike world too

Old 10-22-2006, 12:57 AM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't notice any diffrence about the same ratio I think may be a area thing Ive owned sportbikes, Ive owned metric crusiers, wing , victory kingpin, motorcross bike even a moped once come to think of it Ive had a lot of toys guess im lucky in that respect but I don't think it matters all that much what they ride as long as they ride.

Quick Reply: Sportbikes