General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Isn't it funny...........gotta vent a bit

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:14 AM
990rtracer
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Isn't it funny...........gotta vent a bit

I don't belong to many boards but I do have a sport bike and read a bit here and there on a local to the area board that is mostly for sport bike types although there are guys like me with a Harley as well.
Any way seems like anytime they get a chance they are knocking are Harleys. Today there was a post there about a guy seeing multiple Harleys all day with bears on the back and there must a been some kinda charity thing going on. Then they all chime in there jokes, I fired back at them with how often do any kind of sport bikers have an event and give to charity? Not many that I have seen but just about any weekend in the year around here there is some sort of Harley ride with proceeds going somewhere good.

What do you all think?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:32 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

just ask the guys how many suzuki ball caps do they see, how many kawasaki bumper stickers, honda tee shirts, etc. maybe they'll get a clue as to what's cool. maybe not, but regardless, just know that your bike will still be cool when theirs has depreciated to the cost of scrap metal. i have two metric bikes myself, and they serve their purpose, but harleys are an american icon like coca cola, mc donalds, etc. harleys rule when it comes to "cool factor", the same can't be said of any other brand.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I could care less what tweaks like that think. I have my bike because I want it, and not to be cool or impress anyone, especially ********. I do appreciate that you recognize that stupid bull even though you don't have a HD.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
jazzy jack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weenies, wannabees and posers... let em joke, for they know not of which they speak.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:01 AM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

I like the OP's response and the others. Whenever someone starts on me I just ask when is the Ford Super Duty Yamadawg Edition slated to arrive in showrooms. That usually works.
Rev

Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen it go the other way, too, with Harley riders making comments about those who ride bikes of other brands. I love my Harley, but I have friends with Hondas, Suzukis and Kawasakis. Good for them, if that's what they want to ride - I don't bash them for that, it's their choice.

The important thing is they're riding.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Can't say I've ever seen a sportbike charity run...best HD one to date was breast cancer run & all bikes (thousands) had "pink bra's" stretched over handlebars - very nice site to see & looked like they raised a ton of cash.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Every charity event I know of is open to all brands and even people who don't ride. Harleys are rarely mentioned on the metric forum I belong to and I haven't noticed it on others I've occasionally visited.
Seems like the whole Harley vs. the rest issue exists within the H-D crowd.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PadreL
I've seen it go the other way, too, with Harley riders making comments about those who ride bikes of other brands. I love my Harley, but I have friends with Hondas, Suzukis and Kawasakis. Good for them, if that's what they want to ride - I don't bash them for that, it's their choice.

The important thing is they're riding.
+1! I think the Brand bashing is more of a generation thing!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:29 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know guys who ride all makes of bikes. I just don't pay attention to any of the asinine commentary.
I ride what I want, everyone else can ride what they want.

Quick Reply: Isn't it funny...........gotta vent a bit