General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dropping and crashing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Phil K
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dropping and crashing

Seems like all i hear is that it's inevitable that we will all drop our bikes at one time or another and that most of us will probably crash sooner or later. Man, it makes me nervous waiting for my turn! I've never dropped a bike...i did get hit once, but the bike hung up on the guy's bumper and never hit the ground![ i did,though]. How many out there have never dropped a bike or crashed one? Hope i'm not tempting fate here.......

Old 10-21-2006, 03:31 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: dropping and crashing

Another guy just started a post on the same subject, called "anyone else". This was my answer to him:

I hated that post too! Made me nervous. I am 45. I will not tell you that I never dropped a bike because I don't want to jinx myself! (Get it?) I can't believe how many guys dropped their bikes many times over.

If so many people drop their bikes so often then how come every time you see an ad for a used bike it says "never been dropped"? There is NO TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!

Old 10-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

28 years and I only set my bike down 2 times. Both was when I was not moving. Once when I was 16 years old taking the endorcement part of the test, the second time was when my foot slipped on a wet railroad tie and lost all footing and down it went. Both been zero damage. Knock and wood and lots of prayers to keep me from ever having a bad drop or accident.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

no comment.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

no comment.
Then why did you post????

I am confused and drunk!

Old 10-21-2006, 04:16 AM
carltex
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't had mine but three months. One week after I got it the sprinklers were going off on it at work, went to move it and not being used to the sizeable weight of it it tipped over on me while putting the key in. I don't take it off the jiffy stand anymore without the forks being unlocked. Ignition is at the top front of the frame so you have to lean over the tank to get to it. Try to remember to thank the man upstairs as many times as possible thats all I have had happen and that I get where I am going safely.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:48 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil, don't worry about what others say about 'everyone will do it". That is like saying that everyone who drinks water will die. The statement is true but I am not going to stop drinking water.

Just ride as safe and aware of the conditions as you can and have the enjoyment of riding and not worry about "is this the day".

Old 10-21-2006, 09:35 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My attorney advises me not to answer that question on the grounds it might intimidate me

Old 10-21-2006, 09:40 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Phil K

Seems like all i hear is that it's inevitable that we will all drop our bikes at one time or another and that most of us will probably crash sooner or later. Man, it makes me nervous waiting for my turn! I've never dropped a bike...i did get hit once, but the bike hung up on the guy's bumper and never hit the ground![ i did,though]. How many out there have never dropped a bike or crashed one? Hope i'm not tempting fate here.......
Actually you did technically crash, so you're already there on that one.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:38 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I have not dropped/crashed my RG yet,but laid down two street bikes and bailed off of dirt bikes too many times to count.

Quick Reply: dropping and crashing