General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Custom Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
scottburns8ball
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the complete 13" bagger bar set from them. Took two weeks to get it because they were waiting on the clutch cable. Well, I finally get it, but with the WRONG clutch cable and WRONG bars. Took 2 days to get a hold of someone, but finally did and they sent me the correct stuff after arguing with one guy that my cable length was wrong. The quality of cables (motion-pro) and bars (Cyclesmiths) was fine, but the customer service was crap and waiting 3 weeks for the correct stuff is unacceptable. I won't order from them again, but I quess it was still faster than Yafee...;-)

Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
07 FLHTC
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was about to order some brake lines from these guys. I think I'll shop around. Don't need the headaches.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:01 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just recently ordered brakelines from them...
Got exactly what I needed...
Shipping time was less than a week...

Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 820 Posts

We're all well aware now how bad you feel that you've been screwed by HCC. Others have received the service they expected, while still others have received mediocre service at best. The information is available for others to make their own decisions. I think it's irresponsible of you to insult someone for having a successful business transaction with HCC.

I think your rant is a bit self-serving, especially with your business link posted along with your anti-HCC banner. We get it.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Two years ago I ordered a common size rear tire for my Trump chop. I could not get a return email or phone response. So two of my Brothers and I gave them a personal visit. (approx 25mi) Nice place to live, over the top of your two bay shop. They were in the back f'ing with a hot rod car so we just walked on in to the back room. They were a bit uncomfortable, but calmed down once I said all I wanted was to pay for my 15" x 5" tire and take it home. Shady dudes even by my standards.

Last edited by Mi3ninos; 04-17-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: iphone app sux
Old 04-17-2011, 08:28 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissociative
even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while i guess
Cept I've purchased four times, 3 different bikes...
All emails answered....
All compaanies and corps have good and bad...
You don't like emm... I had good dealings...
That's my point..

Old 04-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Sgt Mac
Road Master

Originally Posted by rlowride
I just recently ordered brakelines from them...
Got exactly what I needed...
Shipping time was less than a week...
Same here, ordered bars and cables, no issues, shipping time less than 7 days, last November

Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know man i had a good exp. With hhc, but then again i did spring the xtra cash for the wild1's so i dunno. It doesnt say they make thier bars bro so why are you mad they were cheap and they dont claim to make em so cant get butt hurt about them being made in china hahahaha.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Sturgeon
Road Captain
Received 371 Likes on 206 Posts

I did good by these guys. Complete setup. Stood behind there products.I think there a nice complement to my bike.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 PM
HCC
Stage II
Unhappy There are 2 sides to every story, here is ours. Make your own opinion!!

Hello,
My name is Robert and I am the owner of Hill Country Custom Cycles. This is the first post I have ever done on the forum, so please excuse me if I make a mistake. This post is going to be long, so please make sure you have time to finish it before you start reading.
I guess I should start off by saying that I don’t even know where to begin on this one. We watch the forums for problems like this, and this forum typically does a good job of figuring out what is right and what is wrong through constant communication from members. I have read many good posts and some negative posts about us, but they always seem to solve themselves properly. In a few cases we have called the customer to try and help, or just to simply thank them for giving us a good review. As you know, there are 2 sides to every story, and in this case I think everyone should hear our side and make their own opinion of it. Here it goes.
First off, I will be the first to admit that we have been difficult to get a hold of this spring and here is why. Like most of the parts manufacturers and distributors in this industry we forecasted a lower than average Spring based on the spotty economic conditions and rising fuel prices. Well to everyone’s surprise those forecasts were blown out of the water everybody is 3 times busier than they expected to be. Great, right?? We try to take care of all of our customer’s specific needs, but sometimes it does take a little longer than normal to address these needs, due to heavy workloads and circumstances beyond our control.
As for George, My jaw hit the floor when I read his first post. I personally spoke with George about this issue, but he is not giving all the details. I am also confused as to why he is doing this, because all the conversation we had was good. I really thought he sounded like a nice person over the phone. He did explain to me the problems he had and this is how I addressed them:
1- They don't return any emails or answer the phones

Response: Yes, our response time has been slow lately, but hopefully the above paragraph explains why. We do return EVERY e-mail we get. I know this because we can do e-mails 24 hours a day without waking anyone up. We are limited to phone calls between reasonable day time hours, and of course, getting people’s voice mail when we call them back

2- Most everything i received was made in china.
Response: This is something that we are all faced with. Hardly any of the aftermarket V-Twin parts are made in the US. And we all know why. It is hard to find good parts for a reasonable price, even from Harley. If you look at their retail packaging it will identify which country that part was made in, and usually it is not the USA. A lot of the parts we sell are made by us here in the USA, and there are some parts that you just can’t get over here for a good price. We use the best parts we can from the aftermarket and still provide a reasonable price to consumers.

3- Double check all your prices off their ebay store....4 items they charged me more than what they sell it on ebay for...They didn't even know what they had on ebay or played stupid when i asked about it.

Response: This is not true. Our pricing on the phone is consistent with what is online. Every now and then we may do a promotion, or Ebay may do something with free shipping that will make things inconsistent. If you see something different than what you are quoted, just tell us and we will make it right.

4- Bought and paid for 48" wires so i can re-pin one end and have only ONE solder joint by the switches....they sent shorter wires which left me no choice but to solder TWO times unless i wanted to try to pull the solder joints all the way through the bars...basically why sell a 48" and send shorter?? They blamed it on not checking the lengths of wires before they sent them.

Repsonse: I am not sure how this happened, but the harness should have been 48”. Our fault. He did tell me it was not that big of a deal, and just wanted to make sure we knew so that this did not happen with any other customers. I have since checked all of them and did find 1 more that was shorter and we tossed it.

5- My handle bars showed up blemished and i was told by owner Robert that they don't even check the wrapped up bars before they send em out. I had rust on my welds and a mis-drill on one of the holes and STILL haven't gotten any resolution as they pawned it off on the manufacturer to contact me which never happened. I didn't buy from manufacturer i bought from HCC!!...but they refuse to do anything besides make ME pay for return shipping on them or pawn problems off on manufacturer. How can you sell items without even looking at them? And then not stand behind defective items with photographic proof sent to you in high resolution pics??

Response: I was actually surprised by this one. We have sold several sets of these bars without ANY problems at all. I offered to ship him another set with a PRE-PAID return shipping label to send the bad ones back to us, but I did want to see a picture of the problem because I had not seen this before. This would help me identify the same problem on any more that we ship and possibly identify a large mass production issue. He said that he had already installed them and HE ASKED ME to contact Santee to see if they would refund him some money on the bars. Santee is a brand of Custom Chrome that is made overseas. So I did what I said and contacted my CCI Rep to see what kind of help they could provide. After 2 days of e-mails, they decided to have customer service Contact George and issue a gift certificate. I have tried to call George 2 times to let him know this, but only get voice mail as of today. Shortly after, my CCI rep calls me with a very frustrated tone. He said they called George to offer him a solution and he was horribly abusive, and they never could find out what he actually wanted out of the deal. To this day, I still do not know either. The funny part is I am being blamed for not checking the bars for defects ( which should have been checked by Santee ) when George did not realize there was a problem with them until they were installed. Aren’t you suppose to check all the parts before you install them? I know I do.

6- My chinese risers were missing all hardware to mount them, nice touch. Stock hardware won't work.

Response: Our supplier mis boxed the risers and he did get the incorrect ones. I offerd to send him another set once we figured out the problem. He did not want them since the bars were already installed on the bike. George did forget to mention that I refunded him on the risers and I told him to keep the incorrect ones at no charge to him.

7- Items were all thrown in a large box without filler...so as UPS rotated and kicked around the box everything got throw all over inside and most china boxes broke open and spilled. All that was needed was a little filler paper or air bags to ensure safe shipping.

Response: Most of our handlebar kits are shipped in a custom box that we designed to accommodate handlebar kits specifically. All of the accessories to a handlebar kit go inside another custom box that is taped or stapled shut before it is put inside the main handlebar box. We all know how brutal shipping companies can be at times. This is why we insure all of our packages in case of damage to our products. To my knowledge, none of the parts were damaged upon arrival

I will admit this transaction is not typical of how things happen when a purchase is made with Hill Country Customs. However, if problems do occur, we are here to help and resolve it the best way possible. Yes, sometimes mistakes are made. I strongly believe it is how you handle those mistakes that make the difference.

Furthermore, George did file a dispute with his credit card provider. He told them that he returned the merchandise to us. What he did was send back a box with some junk in it so he could have a tracking # to show something was delivered back to us. That is considered internet fraud in our state. We have opened a case with the local authorities to pursue it legally and notified the credit card provider of illegal activity.

Quick Reply: Hill Country Custom Cycles