General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Custom Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,887 Likes on 1,226 Posts

I forgot to mention, I called them a couple times this week with questions about some apes I'm planning to buy. They never called back. It's cool to respond on these forums, but you got to at least talk to your customers once in a friggin' while.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:02 PM
ubersoldate
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by ubersoldate; 06-20-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:11 PM
ubersoldate
Advanced

Last edited by ubersoldate; 06-20-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:08 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

I bought a new set of steel braided cables from them a few years ago. I didn't know how long they should be as I was installing 14" apes.
They just asked me what my bike is and how high my bars are and they would know what I need.
I got the cables in less than a week to Canada, and they all fit perfectly, good quality and good price.
I have no complaints with them. I got good and speedy service.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:24 AM
geektoad
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmanfredi
You know, there are times when things aren't perfectly smooth and a customer gets mad. I personally sold Kevin his handlebar kit a few months ago and it was shipped on our normal time frame since it was a custom assembled kit. He also got a deal on it, which he forgot to mention.

He called in to purchase an additional cable last week while our warehouse manager was out for vacation. The cable was shipped and is scheduled for delivery today. Customer Service provided a tracking number through his email on the 13th and I provided him with it again today.

Since our warehouse manager is out, our customer service rep is doing 2 jobs and isn't sitting at his desk waiting for phone calls. He is behind because of this and I am helping him when possible. Kevin spoke with our in-house sales person who isn't in the customer service department, so he transferred the call to the guy who is doing 2 jobs this week. Frustrated, he emailed me and everything was cleaned up in about an hour.

Things happen sometimes that we wish hadn't. We always try to take care of the customer, even when he bashes us to death on a public forum.

Thank you

Ron
Sorry, but if you can have one person out and have it effect your entire operation, that's just poor management. You're understaffed and that's not your customers' problem.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Said it before and now again...one bad apple shouldn't spoil the lot. My HCC experiences are all positive and I'd do business w/them in a heartbeat. Actually saving-up for 12" bar kit to go on my XL1200S so will be working with them, again, soon. Some people like to bitch...just to bitch...

Old 09-19-2014, 09:25 PM
jjr60616
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good as Gold on a silly little purchase at Hill Country

Just wanted to update... I'd done a nice purchase of a wired handlebar set ($950.00) about 3 months ago or so...had a great experience, and reviewed it earlier (100% Positive) Stealership wanted almost $2K for the same job... being pre-wired and plug in, did the whole thing myself anyway.

So as an update, still happy with the quality, no issues with shorts, nothing coming loose etc...

But did want to add, I also recently ordered as a separate purchase some clamps, to clean up the wiring, which I tried to do myself when I wanted to move my front turn signals off the bars and onto the light bar. Nothing major, a stupid little amount, like 2 x $24.00 or so...same day ship, tracking number sent to me same night etc. Arrived when they said, and packed well. So its great service as always...I'm likely getting a new bike this spring, and would order from them again, no issues whatsoever.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Blackrock
Novice

I'm still rocking the complete ape package I purchased from these guys 6 years ago. I remember them being very helpful, and the bars installed with no problems. I throw their name out every time someone asks about my bars.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:20 PM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I got extended brake lines from these guys last year. Shipped fast and they were good quality. I ordered over the phone and got through first try FWIW. I couldn't tell if the guy on the line was being rude or arrogant, maybe both??? He got a little testy with some of my questions and I gave it right back to him. I can be a di ck too. I just found it humorous. There are all types of humans and I don't mind running into the as sholes now and then. Bottom line, I got exactly what I ordered and I got it quick. If they have something else I need I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call and have a back and forth with them again :-)

Old 06-03-2015, 07:58 AM
markaviles
Stage II
Default 16 inch basic kit

Im guessing thes guys have not changed since 2014 when some of you had started having issues. I ordered my bars kit on 14 may 2015, they took my money on that same day; by the way im in Seoul Korea. Me thinking that it will be shipped 2 days later (in korea, 3 days later). I called several times ; mind u i have to stay up till 2300 my time to reach those guys as soon as they get in to work.....and still i have to call 3-4 times to get them to answer....because they so not answer emails or return calls ( Yes im in korea...but i have a US vonage number....no excuse). Then when i finally get a hold of 1 guy, he tells me that they are waiting for the bars only....they guy is in emergency leave....well $#!t...u should have sent me an email the day after u took my money. After 2 weeks of me staying up late to call these guys...i spoke with one of the guys (dont want to mention his name) and he told me what was going on, he gave me the option to go with 18 inch since they had those for immediate delivery...so i went with thise....hopefully they sent the right items for the 18's instead of 16's (and if they messed up my order...im dropping names). We will see when it arrives. Other people told me to order thru JPcycles...because they are MILITARY FRIENDLY...hopefully i get the right items. How can you recommend shops if they are so unreliable.
V/r
Mark

Quick Reply: Hill Country Custom Cycles