General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooked up the new electric gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 07:43 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hooked up the new electric gear

I know how you feel with the new heated gear. I got my jacket liner this fall, had my heated gloves last spring. I have ridden in 22 deg for 30 miles and been real warm with the thermostat turned to about 1/2. Enjoy George

[IMG]local://upfiles/9350/485040E047854DCF821F7008F33A74CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BREAD

CosmicHD - which brand did you buy? Seems I have been one of the ones wondering if everyone raves about their heated gear due to the investment... year after year I keep freezing. The time may have come....
I got the Harley gear. I was going to get the Gerbrings -- but the only place close to me was a BMW dealer 45 minutes away (or sight unseen on the internet). And then I'd have to take them my measurements to order them becasue Gerbrings come in some weird Euroi sizes or something, instead of S, M, L etc. The Harley dealer I got a discount at and the price was comparable. Plus they said the jacket liner fit like the FXRG jacket liner, so I had something to compare to before ordering. And they were right, it is basically the same cut as the FXRG liner. Also, they stock the gloves in the winter, so exchanging those was no problem. The Harley stuff is made by Gerbring -- so it is basically Gerbring gear I got. If not for the discount and ability to get close to trying on my size, I would have just gotten the Gerbring, as it is usually cheaper.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:19 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dastark

Just got the gloves myself. Nice. I still can't get used to the wires.
yeah, the wires seem to take a second to get used to and situate. But once on the road, they did not bother me.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:20 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

pop...what was that??...I smell smoke...ZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TPOP ..my **** feels tingly.........shhhhhhhhptttttttttttttttttt....... I'm getting cold and my nose is burning from that smell.....................brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. ..and my headlights are getting dim...........................................cccp ut [sm=happybounce.gif]
Don't jinx me dammit!!!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cosmicHD

ORIGINAL: BREAD

CosmicHD - which brand did you buy? Seems I have been one of the ones wondering if everyone raves about their heated gear due to the investment... year after year I keep freezing. The time may have come....
I got the Harley gear. I was going to get the Gerbrings -- but the only place close to me was a BMW dealer 45 minutes away (or sight unseen on the internet). And then I'd have to take them my measurements to order them becasue Gerbrings come in some weird Euroi sizes or something, instead of S, M, L etc. The Harley dealer I got a discount at and the price was comparable. Plus they said the jacket liner fit like the FXRG jacket liner, so I had something to compare to before ordering. And they were right, it is basically the same cut as the FXRG liner. Also, they stock the gloves in the winter, so exchanging those was no problem. The Harley stuff is made by Gerbring -- so it is basically Gerbring gear I got. If not for the discount and ability to get close to trying on my size, I would have just gotten the Gerbring, as it is usually cheaper.
Thanks Cosmic!!!! Good information, I may have to take a ride and try on a few items. The idea of the jacket liner working on my jackets too. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-23-2006, 08:12 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys that enjoy your electric gear in extreme (below freezing) weather be aware that ice is not your friend. What might look like a little stream running across the road could well be frozen and if it is, [:@]

Old 10-25-2006, 09:41 PM
dastark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Whapp. Good advice for all.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:54 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

Yeah, good advice. It is definitely something to worry about. I do not plan omn riding all the time this winter. Just want to be able to get out during the days when it is possible to do so. But ice and sand I are at the top of my list of things to watch for.