General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I have ridden in the rain.
96.38%
I havn't ridden in the rain.
2.35%
My bike has never been wet.
1.27%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever ridden in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
stbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever ridden in the rain?

C'mon man If u havent ridden in the rain you havent ridden. Ouch![:'(]

Old 02-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Aces N Eights

Didn't read everyone else's posts but only added mine. IT SUXS!!!
I hate it and try my best to avoid it, if possible. Takes way too long to clean the bike afterwards and God forbid, there is road contruction and MUD!!!!

Not to mention water pockets and hydroplaning!! Even worse.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 AM
mgumto
Banned

Rain?? What's rain again? Here in AZ it can rain during the winter and has quite a lot this year. But come March-November forget it. Getting caught in rain here is about as likely as myself winning the Powerball....just never gonna happen!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 03:00 AM
mgumto
Banned

I wont even ride the Harley if the streets are wet. That's what my Sport bike is for!!!!! Lot easier to clean that, than a dirty Harley full of chrome...

Old 02-03-2007, 03:17 AM
cajunrph
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

I rode in the rain on Tuesday. One of the crappiest days as far as weather goes for the Texas Gulf coast region. The temps were in the mid 40's and it was raining like a mother bear. The only part that got wet was my boots, not water proof I guess. I just got my bike and haven't be able to put the break in miles on it yet. So I mis calculated the weather at closing time just a little. I like to ride in the rain, see if I can keep out all the water. Then cold and rain are another story but I was warm and dry(except my feet) on Tuesday. Besides now everything knows I'm not a pansy rider only ridding on warm sunny days

Old 02-03-2007, 11:14 AM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SiLlY

Drove to Lake George, New York for Americade 2006. Starting point was Charlotte, North Carolina. 25 hour trip (including the hotel stay at Roanoke, VA). I departed NC at around 10:30pm. It was clear skies till around 12:00am. It started raining heavily. By the time I reached Roanoke, I've had enough. Stayed at a hotel there and woke up the next morning to more rain. Looked at the weather channel and seen that it wasnt going to let up any so.. I continued on the journey. It rained ALL the way to NY. In fact.. It rained almost the entire week of the Americade. Anybody that went there this year knows what I'm talking about. It sucked. Thank God for the stock height windshield. lol..

Oh.. btw, my wife was with me. It was her first hardcore ride. She actauly enjoyed it. It made the trip that much more adventerous for her, so she claims.
"Drove to Lake George, New York for Americade 2006. Starting point was Charlotte, North Carolina. 25 hour trip (including the hotel stay at Roanoke, VA). I departed NC at around 10:30pm. It was clear skies till around 12:00am. It started raining heavily. By the time I reached Roanoke, I've had enough. Stayed at a hotel there and woke up the next morning to more rain. Looked at the weather channel and seen that it wasnt going to let up any so.. I continued on the journey. It rained ALL the way to NY. In fact.. It rained almost the entire week of the Americade. Anybody that went there this year knows what I'm talking about. It sucked. Thank God for the stock height windshield.. lol.. "
Who could forget ’06 most likely the wettest I’ve very been at, but we left on Tuesday no rain and no rain (I think) coming home on Sunday and it’s only a 6 or 7 hr ride for us.

"Oh.. btw, my wife was with me. It was her first hardcore ride. She actauly enjoyed it. It made the trip that much more adventerous for her, so she claims."
Man you are one lucky dude, that is great, let hope this year is the driest !
cj

Old 02-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Airdale
Advanced

Chezz

Old 02-03-2007, 11:39 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airdale

Chezz
Don't get too upset. This happens when heskips his meds.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not like to start out in the rain but slight drizzle wont keep me from plans. We rode from indy to chilicothe last summer in nearly constant mist or worse. It was still a great time. It just makes cleanup a lot more work!

Old 02-03-2007, 11:50 AM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you saw who started it you should have guessed...it is a anubisss poll...the ever slypostwhoreextrordinair...[sm=alcoholic.gif]
ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

Have you ever ridden in the rain?

Well, yeah....

What kind of a silly azzed question/poll is this?????

Quick Reply: Have you ever ridden in the rain?