General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I have ridden in the rain.
96.38%
I havn't ridden in the rain.
2.35%
My bike has never been wet.
1.27%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever ridden in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:09 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever ridden in the rain?

I can make it rain, yep no matter how sunny the weatherman says its going to be just let me go for a putt and it rains..........................BG

Old 10-21-2006, 12:13 AM
girlierider
Advanced

I had to take the MSF course in the pouring rain. I was terrified at the time, but am grateful now for the experience in a controlled situation.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:50 AM
springerlady02
Outstanding HDF Member

i took the MSF course in the pouring rain also..............[:@] it was a bonus actually...i dont mind riding in the rain as long as its warm.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:01 AM
slack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last weekend, my dad, son and I went for a ride down by the Grand Canyon. Stayed in Page Az, friday night, woke up and rode in the rain rode to Kanab Ut, (about 75 miles if you havent been there) stayed at a gas station/wendy's for 3 hours while it came down, 1.3 inches acording to the news.

But isn't it funny how you can always remember the trips with bad weather or something bad happens.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:06 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, it's a hassle when you get caught in the rain but how else are you gonna get home?

Old 10-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes and I prefer not to from now on.I only had a brain bucket,and dark sunglasses. It rained so hard in a 15 minute period we actually pulled over and got a room for a couple of hours so we could dry out our clothes and shoes. We did "walk" across the street to a store and bought the only rain gear they had and a roll of duct tape.( These were those $10 clear cover-rups for using when you go camping, and only had sixe xl ( cute since I'm a size 5) ) We duct tape the heck out of ourselves, and I bought a doo-rag to tie around my mouth......and yes I forgot to cut out a mouth hole to breath......at 55-65 mile an hour , horrible down POUR, and dark sunglsses, and dripping wet doo-rag tied, sticking to your face, a person does start to sufficate, and make a vow to NEVER,....... ever......never ever do it again.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:29 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The day I picked up my bike after its 1000 mile service and Stage 1, it was raining and had been all night. So I had to baby my new Stage 1 home in the rain! Fortunately I had anticipated this and picked up a rain suit a few days before. It was actually quite fun.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:49 AM
pro1955
Road Captain

I'm from the Seattle area, if you don't ride in the rain you ain't ridin much.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me think........ Live in western Washinton State.......been riding for 30 years.........Yep ridden in the rain more often that not

Old 10-21-2006, 01:51 AM
pro1955
Road Captain

Yea sure, just an excuse to get a room.
yes and I prefer not to from now on.I only had a brain bucket,and dark sunglasses. It rained so hard in a 15 minute period we actually pulled over and got a room for a couple of hours so we could dry out our clothes and shoes. We did "walk" across the street to a store and bought the only rain gear they had and a roll of duct tape.( These were those $10 clear cover-rups for using when you go camping, and only had sixe xl ( cute since I'm a size 5) ) We duct tape the heck out of ourselves, and I bought a doo-rag to tie around my mouth......and yes I forgot to cut out a mouth hole to breath......at 55-65 mile an hour , horrible down POUR, and dark sunglsses, and dripping wet doo-rag tied, sticking to your face, a person does start to sufficate, and make a vow to NEVER,....... ever......never ever do it again.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: Have you ever ridden in the rain?