General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I have ridden in the rain.
96.38%
I havn't ridden in the rain.
2.35%
My bike has never been wet.
1.27%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever ridden in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:04 AM
bobbyg12
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Have you ever ridden in the rain?

ORIGINAL: girlierider

I had to take the MSF course in the pouring rain. I was terrified at the time, but am grateful now for the experience in a controlled situation.
+1
We also took the course in the rain. Instructor said he was hoping for rain so we could experience it firsthand.

Funny story was - last year I was "chosen" to experience a ride on the new Victory Vision during their traveling road show. It was pissing down rain that morning, so I called the hotel where they were holding it and asked if they were still running the demos. They said yes. I hopped on the 'glide & went out to ride this thing in the rain. When I got there one of their guys says "Now that's hardcore!", well I'm like WTF? I'm going to ride your bike in the rain, what's the difference? Chuckled about that all the way through the test ride...

Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well it looks like most of us have gotten wet at some point. I'm always entertained by those posts about NEVER riding in the rain. You ride long enough and far enough, it's inevitable.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Stixman
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: pro1955

I'm from the Seattle area, if you don't ride in the rain you ain't ridin much.
I agree 100%.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Gviertell
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riden in the rain when it happens-the first time was on a gravel road on the Oregon coast-it was actually fun-no cars around. Got into hard rain and sidw wind in Astoria,OR. one year with lots of cars-not so much fun.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
MidLifeCrisis
Tourer

A couple of years ago,1st week in July, me and the wife went to N Carolina for a week. (we are in R.I.) We left sat. morning with threatening rain, well about an hour out on the road it poured like hell. We drove for 2 days in the rain. At one point we came to a tunnel with a $2.00 toll and I can tell you it was the best $2.00 I ever spent! The next couple of days in N Carolina wasn't to bad, just cloudy and little rain but overall the trip wasgreat and worth it. It was warm and sunny for the rest of week and theride home. I'll be dammed if I was gonna let some rain ruin our week of riding! It may have slowed us down but it didn't stop us. If you like to ride your going to get wet!

Here's a little tip, Iwore a baseball cap under my helmet and the visor helped divert some of the rain off my glasses. ( I may have set a new fashion record lol) It may not work 100% but it helped alot and probably saved my azz

Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
caymen8
Tourer

My favorite rides here in Colorado are up in the mountains, over some of the high passes. I've ridden in snow on several occasions (as long as it's not sticking to the road!). Tougher to keep the face shield clean with snow.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:31 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ridden in the rain more than I care to. I hate it and don't intentionally set out on a ride if it's already raining - but I always go prepared with my rainsuit in my bag.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Novice
Tourer

Bought my first Harley last year - 07 Dyna Low Rider. Took it from Mass to Maine several times over the summer and got stuck in 3 different rainstorms. Needless to say that I was totally drenched. Finally gave in and went to my local Harley dealer and bought raingear. I haven't been caught in the rain since. hahaha

Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Matty64
Road Warrior

apologies to the Gumpmiester but every time I cross the St Croix at Hudson it starts to rain and does not stop till I get to the other side of Minnesota. 5 trips west and 5 times wet

Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
jagator
Road Master

First time in the ran was last week. Little scary, but no big deal.

I agree with GAGIRL. It's just part of riding.

Quick Reply: Have you ever ridden in the rain?