General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino, Meguier's or Glare waxes and polishes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

zaino is number one . I BUILD A CAR FOR SHOW and zaino brought that baby to a 5 page spread in super Chevy IN DEBT WITH NO REGRET A 62 IMPALA I TOOK THE TIME AND DID MY BIKE I JUST BOUGHT WITH IT .
IF YOU TAKE THE TIME THE PRODUCT IS GREAT . AND WILL BE WELL WORTH IT

Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Mr_B
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Mequires for years. Great products for all kinds of applications. That's what I use. I'm sure someone will swear by something else and if that's the case, fine. No problems. When waxing, use the carnuba. Don't use the cleaner wax unless you need to. Ya don't need the abrassives. THE most important thing is having a clean applicator and clean polishing cloth. When I'm doing my bike, I'll do it by hand. And I used the microfiber cloths to apply with and another for removal, and another for the final once over. All are brand new. Don't use ones run through the wash, fallen to the ground, etc.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Rockport
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the Lemon Pledge crowd?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:01 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockport
Where is the Lemon Pledge crowd?

I use Zaino all in one. Great stuff. Pledge in between all the time. Great stuff too!

Old 04-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Zaino just lasts & lasts literally for ever ... and you can add to it ...

just don't use dish soap - it will dissapear,

I use Zaino Soap - smells real nice

not expensive

put it on light, apply in straight lines and let dry 30 -60 minutes ,rubs off easliy when dry > in straight lines rub it off

(again - apply thinnly for easy removal)

it's not a wax so it won't yellow or crack

Old 04-14-2011, 10:52 PM
UnoLocoMoFo
Novice

Great feedback, I think I'm going to try the Meguier's first due to availability.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Stickman81
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My vote is for Zaino.

I don't get the "Its a lot of work" portion. I find it no more labor intensive than anything else. So you mix an accelerator with the sealant for quicker cure time, only if you want.
Use THIN coats when applying the sealant.

It is a bit more expensive than other over-the-counter products but you use so little of the product.

Sal [owner] is a great guy and has spent time on the phone with me answering questions about his products. I liked the customer service I have received from Zaino and will protect my vehicles with only Zaino.

Meguiars makes some good products. Most all are available locally. Some of their polishes are great and they offer a varying degree of cut for your situation. I am about to use a Meguiars polish on my bike due to the swirling and scuffs in the paint.

I personally don't care for any kind of a glaze. Glazes "fill" and hide defects. It will look great for the first week, maybe two. Once you wash it off and wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol, take a look at the paint.

Here is my upcoming project -
With my combination of products and pads I expect to be able to reduce this by at least 70%.
I will finish it off with Zaino Z5.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:12 AM
UnoLocoMoFo
Novice

Originally Posted by Stickman81
My vote is for Zaino.

I don't get the "Its a lot of work" portion. I find it no more labor intensive than anything else. So you mix an accelerator with the sealant for quicker cure time, only if you want.
Use THIN coats when applying the sealant.

It is a bit more expensive than other over-the-counter products but you use so little of the product.

Sal [owner] is a great guy and has spent time on the phone with me answering questions about his products. I liked the customer service I have received from Zaino and will protect my vehicles with only Zaino.

Meguiars makes some good products. Most all are available locally. Some of their polishes are great and they offer a varying degree of cut for your situation. I am about to use a Meguiars polish on my bike due to the swirling and scuffs in the paint.

I personally don't care for any kind of a glaze. Glazes "fill" and hide defects. It will look great for the first week, maybe two. Once you wash it off and wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol, take a look at the paint.

Here is my upcoming project -
With my combination of products and pads I expect to be able to reduce this by at least 70%.
I will finish it off with Zaino Z5.

Looks like quote the project Stickman! What has worked for you best when it comes to spider webs, swirls and scratches? I was reading up on a product called Klasse, has anyone used it before?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:20 AM
J.H.D
Intermediate

I use Mequires on all my vehicles.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:48 AM
taz ride
Road Master

I have used zaino for 12 years and love it. Sal is great to deal with.

Quick Reply: Zaino, Meguier's or Glare waxes and polishes?