General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear Poser.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011 | 07:51 AM
bparsel
Tourer

Originally Posted by cromagnon
Pull into crowded parking lot yesterday, there is this green road king parking sideways taking up entire spot, then this morning some softtail is right in the middle nullifying anyone else from sharing. Come on people, you can easily fit 3 bikes in a common parking spot WITHOUT impeading on the other bikes.

WHOA!! Some COMMON SENSE finally!! Well said, both cromagnon and clicker01.

One of the greatest assets we have as motorcyclists is the fact that we can cut down on congestion, both on the roadways and with regards to parking. Saying that someone you dont know shouldnt park their bike next to you in a spot "Out of respect" is one of the all time dumbest things I have read on these forums.

I like more metal in my parking spot, it cuts down the chances of a car whipping in, not seeing my bike behind that minivan and smashing right into it.

Last edited by bparsel; 04-15-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-15-2011 | 08:47 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Talking

Originally Posted by schumacher
buy a Victory, you won't have that problem
yea a Harley guy would never park next to a Victory, we don't wanna shame the poor victory guy

Old 04-15-2011 | 09:17 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Got to chime in on this mess. Last employer there were 6,000 people working there. 2 small motorcycle parking lots. lot of bikes parked in the main parking lot. If i saw a bike that was angled into a spot and it was obvious they didnt want another bike in there with them....i would leave it alone. However if i parked in a car spot i would park mine as far up and right as possible so another bike could easily be beside me. Work finally opened up all the curbs and added about 200 bike slots so that worked out but then caused another issue.

Call him poser, call him dumbass, call him a pain in my *** whatever you want to call the guy. He rode a bright orange Shadow 650. He put these hard saddlebags on there that i had bigger briefcases than with gay lil stickers all over the bike. Just flat out looked retarded. But everyday, he would park right beside me. One day i came out and his handlebars were literally OVER my tank. I blew my lid. I had to walk my bike out sideways with the help of another guy. The next time i saw him i POLITELY asked him to keep his distance from other bikes when he parked...he apologized. The next day his bike was on the other side of bike parking about 2 inches away from a almost solid chrome hyabusa whos rider wasnt near as nice as me....He didnt park in motorycycle parking much after that....and yeah..im long winded.

Old 04-15-2011 | 12:23 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by dreamer65
yea a Harley guy would never park next to a Victory, we don't wanna shame the poor victory guy
that, and the harley might get the flu from 21st century technology

Old 04-15-2011 | 12:41 PM
bparsel
Tourer

Originally Posted by schumacher
that, and the harley might get the flu from 21st century technology

Thanks Schu, I'll be spending the next 20 minutes soaking up all the coffee I just spit all over my computer.

Old 04-15-2011 | 12:57 PM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by seniorchief56
the area was street parking with no white lines that you usually see for parallel parking. Motorcade, all i said was. "is that your bike parked next to mine, could you move it so i can get out?" after he moved his 883 , i said."thanks" i see no attitude copped. And if you think i did. I don't give a rats ***.
cause your a big bad senior chief hahahahaha goat lockers lame hahahahahaha

Old 04-15-2011 | 01:00 PM
SMF
Banned

Jk bro hahahaha

Old 04-15-2011 | 02:36 PM
lastson
Tourer

Friend of mine had his WideGlide for about 2 months when douche at his work who parks close like that ALL the time and has been told he parks to close. Parks in between the WG and another bike and in attempting to get off the bike on the right side because he was so close to the bike on the left he fell not only over but into my friends bike. Did about 300 worth of damage and still parks close.....

Old 04-15-2011 | 02:46 PM
Pops
Road Captain

Geeeet Ya Some Chief You cannot fix stupid

Old 04-15-2011 | 06:54 PM
delane
Tourer

Originally Posted by WUNKMONKMAN
Haha, I thought this too! Sounds like that guy almost got a coffee mug upside the head. No kidding though, I hate that. I also hate it when cars decide to take up half of motorcycle parking so they don't get a door-ding on the other side of the car.
Oops, didn't think 883 riders were allowed to comment on this one! Just referring to the comment "he moved his 883" like that's a bad thing.

Quick Reply: Dear Poser.