General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear Poser.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011 | 01:44 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member

If the guy parked so close to you that you couldn't get on your bike and get out of your parking spot, I completely understand the OPs frustration. That's just flat out inconsiderate and there is no excuse for it.

For the record, I only share a spot with someone I know even though when it comes time to park in "motorcycle" parking only spots I often times wind up parked just as close as I would be if I shared a spot with a bike already in a standard spot. I just figure if I don't HAVE to share it, I don't NEED to share it.

Old 04-14-2011 | 01:45 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

What's even worse? I park in some lot, a mile from anyone else and there are 600 empty parking spaces between me and the next cage.
Some dipshit in a minivan will park right next to me.

Crazy thing, last weekend I was up in DC area in some hotel. I did same thing parked away from everybody. Some vanload of asians pull right up and proceed to photograph each other by my bike. I should have taken a picture of that from my third floor window.

Old 04-14-2011 | 01:51 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cromagnon
What's even worse? I park in some lot, a mile from anyone else and there are 600 empty parking spaces between me and the next cage.
Some dipshit in a minivan will park right next to me.

Crazy thing, last weekend I was up in DC area in some hotel. I did same thing parked away from everybody. Some vanload of asians pull right up and proceed to photograph each other by my bike. I should have taken a picture of that from my third floor window.
My ex use to have a term for this...Clustering. She hated Clusterers.

Old 04-14-2011 | 02:45 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
Why did you park so close to me, when you had 25 ft of open curb space today at the El Cajon dealer? When you turned off your engine and coasted by me from up the street, my "WTF" flag went up. When I was inside the shop I saw how close you were by bike, and was thinking, you are such a dumbass parking so close to me What were you thinking as we were both walking out of the shop, when I asked you to move your bike over so I could get out? You said something about your fullface helmet not allowing you to see to the side,,,whatever that means. What did yiour girlfriend say to you when you went back inside? I'm glad you did not cop an attitude after I asked you to move your bike.....Hopefully this is a lesson learned so you don't become a dumbass again and block the wrong guy in.

Sincerely,

SeniorChief56
We have an ******* like that here at work. No matter how much space we give him, he still parks two feet off of our floorboards. I told him the next time he did it I was going to kick his bike over. I'm waiting for him to ride his bike to work again.

Old 04-14-2011 | 03:10 PM
frogg
Road Warrior

Got no problems with anybody parking to close to me, I use the Handicap space.
And YES I do have a Handicap Plate.

Old 04-14-2011 | 03:46 PM
I1myhd
Advanced

If you talked to the guy in the parking lot it should be over. Why get behind youre computer and complain? The weather in Cali should be nice right now, more riding and less complaining.

Old 04-14-2011 | 03:52 PM
schumacher
Club Member

buy a Victory, you won't have that problem

Old 04-14-2011 | 04:02 PM
I1myhd
Advanced

SENIORCHIEF56, can you tell me what a poser is?

Old 04-14-2011 | 05:59 PM
WUNKMONKMAN
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Sic 'em Chief.
Haha, I thought this too! Sounds like that guy almost got a coffee mug upside the head. No kidding though, I hate that. I also hate it when cars decide to take up half of motorcycle parking so they don't get a door-ding on the other side of the car.

Old 04-14-2011 | 08:39 PM
SeniorChief56
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard

Originally Posted by bparsel
Man, I swear, if some people arent bitchin then they arent breathing. The whining that takes place on this forum. I get that he had plenty of space, so what...he messed up and parked too close. If thats the worst part of your day I wish I had your life.

If I'm some place busy and see a bike that already has a spot...sure as sh*t I'll pull in next to them. But from reading this it seems a lot of guys think their bike deserves an entire spot. - the "Brotherhood" continues to amaze me at times.
all he had to do was park it a foot over..I could not even stand up my bike without my bike touching his..What would you have done, sit and wait inside for who knows how long til he moved his bike? I doubt it

Last edited by SeniorChief56; 04-14-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Dear Poser.