General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear Poser.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011 | 05:38 AM
SeniorChief56
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard

The area was street parking with no white lines that you usually see for parallel parking. Motorcade, all I said was. "Is that your bike parked next to mine, could you move it so I can get out?" After he moved his 883 , I said."thanks" I see no attitude copped. And if you think I did. I don't give a rats ***.

Old 04-14-2011 | 06:43 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Motorcade
I respect the Harley world to no end and am working hard to become a part of it, but dont ruin it for me by being the typical arrogant, mid life crisis showboating old man whom people are associating so many harley riders as. Thanks chief
How about you sit back an figure it out there young buck. There are more than a few of "typical arrogant, mid life cirsis showboating" old men that wouldn't hesitate to jack your young *** up should you ever grow the ***** to say something like that to one of us face face.

Case in point

Be sure to scroll down and watch the vid.

http://viewstreetfights.com/beast/vi...g-on-city-bus/

You say you are working hard to learn? Then read some of the threads here, like this one and learn cause it's obvious you ain't doing that now.

Old 04-14-2011 | 09:56 AM
RHPAW
Banned

+1 Chief.
You were nicer about it than my wife was when a 1% (who really should know better)parked like that on top of her Dyna. That almost got interesting.

Old 04-14-2011 | 10:11 AM
Jags93
Road Master

It should be simple common sense. I wouldn't park that close to any vehicle 2, 3 or 4 wheels for fear of something damaging my own ride.

Mopeds however, must park as close together as possible for protection

Old 04-14-2011 | 10:52 AM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member

[QUOTE=IronAss;8188072]How about you sit back an figure it out there young buck. There are more than a few of "typical arrogant, mid life cirsis showboating" old men that wouldn't hesitate to jack your young *** up should you ever grow the ***** to say something like that to one of us face face.

Ditto IronAss.

Getting old ain't for sissies!

teamster

Old 04-14-2011 | 10:59 AM
Ironhand
Road Master

Gee chief, im glad your a real non posing biker all hard core and the like.Now we know who to look to to see what a real biker looks like. I can understand the rant happens all the time, but when the pot is calling the kettle black,
sure am glad most here just stepped out a Dave Mann painting.

Old 04-14-2011 | 11:19 AM
bparsel
Tourer

Man, I swear, if some people arent bitchin then they arent breathing. The whining that takes place on this forum. I get that he had plenty of space, so what...he messed up and parked too close. If thats the worst part of your day I wish I had your life.

If I'm some place busy and see a bike that already has a spot...sure as sh*t I'll pull in next to them. But from reading this it seems a lot of guys think their bike deserves an entire spot. - the "Brotherhood" continues to amaze me at times.

Old 04-14-2011 | 11:23 AM
MechsHands
Road Captain

Sorry there is ZERO excuse for his stupidity. To say his FF helmet restricted his visibility means he needs to learn to turn his head more and is just a sorry *** excuse. This is why I park sideways in a parking space (if there is no slope) it deters cagers and stupid riders like this one. Heck I don't even want my mrs sharing a space unless there is no parking left at all.

Sadly common sense isn't becoming common anymore. Just dumbing down of society in general.

Old 04-14-2011 | 12:50 PM
skdvr
Tourer

If I pull into a parking lot that is quite full I will park on one side of my spot to allow room for another bike to pull in if they would like. I would however expect that they put they bike on the far opposite side so that I can get my bike out easily. So far that has always seemed to be the case. If I pull into that same full parking lot and could only find a place next to another bike, I would only park there if they where far enough over in the spot to allow the room needed for me to park and them to be able to get out. I would not squeeze in next to someone unless it is someone I know and we will be leaving at the same time.

Phil

Old 04-14-2011 | 01:33 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member

I only park in the same spot with another bike if i'm riding with the person with the other bike. Yeah it's nice to not take up alot of spots with one bike, but if you don't know the person with the other bike do not park in there spot.

Quick Reply: Dear Poser.