General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear Poser.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011 | 12:23 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by argus
I have to say I have parked with another bike in a parking space but only if there was plenty of room and never blocked a bike in. I thought it shows a little more mass in the parking space. I might think twicw next time. I know others have parked by me and I do hate when they are so close I can not stand the bike up without moving some, that I would never do to someone.

That's my biggest problem with it when they are so close I almost want to kick their bikes over but I wouldn't want the same done to me. I mean I understand why people do it, just irritates me when their bike is like right ontop of mine that I can't pull out.

I've purposely parked dead center of a parking space and people still pull in next to me.

Old 04-14-2011 | 12:56 AM
SMF
Banned

Man why does he have to be a poser? Ever think maybe he just passed his class and was on a new bike doesnt know how to park yet?

Old 04-14-2011 | 01:18 AM
DMorr99
Road Master

A guy I ride with acts like he has to park right up your ***. That **** irritates me when I can't even pick my bike up straight to pull out because he's so close.

Old 04-14-2011 | 01:45 AM
travelsfardoyle
Cruiser

I'll share a spot if I get somewhere with high traffic but if I decide to park in the same spot as a bike that's already there I park to the side and either forward (generally) or behind the other bike, this tends to deter cagers from crowding the spot on the other side when there are two bikes in the spot for some odd (or not so odd reason), I've parked like this and noticed that spots stay empty on the side, even in heavy traffic parking areas.

Old 04-14-2011 | 01:46 AM
MadMINI
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
Man why does he have to be a poser? Ever think maybe he just passed his class and was on a new bike doesnt know how to park yet?
Agreed, but if he doesn't know how to park yet, he shouldn't be parking next to a strangers bike...

I would never share a spot with someone I didn't know. Don't trust them next to my bike and they probably don't trust me next to theirs.

Old 04-14-2011 | 02:04 AM
BBBSS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
I've purposely parked dead center of a parking space and people still pull in next to me.
If I park in the center and slightly at an angle as I normally do, and some idiot pulls up in the same spot as me somehow...

Old 04-14-2011 | 02:41 AM
Motorcade
2nd Gear

I actually registered for this forum so I could respond to this thread specifically.

I do not own a Harley. I do not have a motorcycle license. But I am sure that the second I do earn both a bike and a license I will be over the moon excited to show anyone who is interested, especially another enthusiast showing up at a Harley dealership. Please chill out. I understand this is a great place to vent but perhaps Bobberevo88 is right, maybe the guy did not know. You even said that he gave you a reason as to why he parked so close to you, why did YOU have to cop an attitude with him in front of his girlfriend??

I respect the Harley world to no end and am working hard to become a part of it, but dont ruin it for me by being the typical arrogant, mid life crisis showboating old man whom people are associating so many harley riders as. Thanks chief

Old 04-14-2011 | 02:52 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BBBSS
If I park in the center and slightly at an angle as I normally do, and some idiot pulls up in the same spot as me somehow...
It's pretty amazing what people can do I've used the same technique. I bet if I parked sideways in a spot someone would do the same just to park next to me.

Old 04-14-2011 | 03:45 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Motorcade
I actually registered for this forum so I could respond to this thread specifically.

I do not own a Harley. I do not have a motorcycle license. But I am sure that the second I do earn both a bike and a license I will be over the moon excited to show anyone who is interested, especially another enthusiast showing up at a Harley dealership. Please chill out. I understand this is a great place to vent but perhaps Bobberevo88 is right, maybe the guy did not know. You even said that he gave you a reason as to why he parked so close to you, why did YOU have to cop an attitude with him in front of his girlfriend??

I respect the Harley world to no end and am working hard to become a part of it, but dont ruin it for me by being the typical arrogant, mid life crisis showboating old man whom people are associating so many harley riders as. Thanks chief

Talk about an arrogant post...........You have shown no respect in your post at all.

Old 04-14-2011 | 05:35 AM
cardoctor
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Motorcade

it not a harley thing .some people are just aholes .im not a harley rider. dont wear a black leather jacket. or hang out at the dealership. im a motorcyle rider that just happen to own a harley.

Quick Reply: Dear Poser.